advertisement

Queen’s “physician” killed

Bob McC

Living the life of Riley
apparently the queen’s physician has been killed in an accident according the BBC web headlines.
But hang in. Click the link and it his her homeopathic physician. Apparently he was a world expert and authority on homeopathy!

What!

An expert on treating people with nothing but water and/or tablets containing no active ingredient.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45209846

I’m undecided on homeotherapy but not on nucts who feel it ok to smirk at somebodies death so callously.
I believe the word swine is appropriate.

I'm not entirely convinced that a Hi-Fi forum is necessarily the best place for an informed discussion on the merits or otherwise of homeopathy. One glance at a cable thread should be enough to convince anyone that some people will believe in almost anything. And the placebo effect is not to be sniffed at.:)

You also undecided on the world not being flat?
You do know that the world is actually flat don't you?

30217794948_03832705ac_c.jpg

If the queen wants to hire her own faith healer, soothsayer and stone reader, good luck to her. I'm sure that he heals some of her ailments, or assists her in healing herself. I'm not sure that I would call him a physician though, unless we take that to mean "giver of health and wellbeing" .

At least they didn't call him a doctor.

Er - but he is. Dr Peter Fisher. A proper medically qualified physician with a Cambridge uni degree. He had been honorary consultant Rheumatologist and been Clinical Director of a large London Hospital along the way.

Not your average high street quack with his super dissolved chemicals I think.
RIP

Er - but he is. Dr Peter Fisher. A proper medically qualified physician with a Cambridge uni degree. He had been honorary consultant Rheumatologist and been Clinical Director of a large London Hospital along the way.

RIP
Interesting that his field was rheumatology. A friend's aged dog suffered with arthritis, and didn't respond to any treatments (friend is wealthy and spared no expense). In desperation they tried homeopathic treatment, and the dog responded remarkably, clearly feeling much better and being more active and lively. Not sure how the placebo effect works there, given that the dog had had lots of attention elsewhere, too.

Interesting that his field was rheumatology. A friend's aged dog suffered with arthritis, and didn't respond to any treatments (friend is wealthy and spared no expense). In desperation they tried homeopathic treatment, and the dog responded remarkably, clearly feeling much better and being more active and lively. Not sure how the placebo effect works there, given that the dog had had lots of attention elsewhere, too.
Do you think it was getting slipped a pork chop laced with prednisolone down at the homeopathist?

Away with your evidence-based apocrypha!

RIP
Interesting, and a reminder that some medically qualified physicians do have an interest in, and practice, homeopathy. I've no idea if it works but plenty of people think it does.

Interesting, and a reminder that some medically qualified physicians do have an interest in, and practice, homeopathy. I've no idea if it works but plenty of people think it does.
There's no evidence (peer-reviewed papers in reputable journals) that it works (other than via the placebo effect, which *is* well studied).

When visiting a homeopathic practitioner a few yonks ago, suggested I may be gluten intolerent. I took no notice at that time and some 30 years later found her diagnosis to be correct. She noticed spots on my face when I was in distant lands when receiving acupuncture for packing in smoking.
That is my one and only experience of this branch of healing/medicine.

Bloss

You do know that the world is actually flat don't you?

30217794948_03832705ac_c.jpg

And Baldock is at the very centre of the disc regrettably it is obscured by clouds. (Do we know a song about that?)

The turtle is looking very grumpy I have to say.

Good luck:)

advertisement

Back