advertisement

Rega Exon circuit diagrams

Hi there, does anyone have an electronic copy of the circuit diagrams for the Rega Exon3 mono blocks?
I've tried the service department email suggested in a previous email thread but with no luck.
Basically I want to change out some of the electrolytics because one of the channels has started generating a hum. The kit is over 10 years old and I guessing some of the caps are drying out.
Thanks
Dave

Hi there, does anyone have an electronic copy of the circuit diagrams for the Rega Exon3 mono blocks?
I've tried the service department email suggested in a previous email thread but with no luck.
Basically I want to change out some of the electrolytics because one of the channels has started generating a hum. The kit is over 10 years old and I guessing some of the caps are drying out.
Thanks
Dave
There is something here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/558949/Rega-Exon.html?page=8#manual
https://www.stylesound.com/images/Cursa_3.pdf

10 years is not a long time for caps ?, but its time at temperature so some cold be degraded if they are close to a heat source or they were just poor quality low hours caps in the first place ?.
If you have no service manual you can just do a like for like replacement
If you have a good amp and a one you think is defective then you can measure one against the other, check all transistors resistors and caps in circuit with it switched off.
Being in circuit you may not get the correct value of each component but you should get the same result from each amp, if there is a difference that would suggest a fault so remove that and the connecting components and test it properly out of circuit.

Alan

Thanks for the manual.
I wanted to go through the circuit methodically to pin down the hum issue. I have 30 years experience of being an Electronics engineer. I could work it out what's what by looking at it but I'm lazy and wanted to do with it the correct info.
Kind regards
Dave

Hi Dave sorry for telling you how to suck eggs :oops:

Looks like Rega does not issue any circuit diags as there is very little on the net.
There is a area called Rega Uploads but I dont see exon on there or again any service manuals or circuit diags

Alan

Alan sorry I hope I didn't come across as pompous. I couldn't find anything either.
I might just have to slog through the circuit board measuring stuff.

The strangely named elektrotanya website has a few rega amplifier schematics, it should give you a few pointers, there is a good chance the design will be similar as will the layout.

https://elektrotanya.com

Russel
Thanks for that, not the easiest diagrams to find.
I believe the output of the Elicit is similar to the Exon so it should be useful starting point.
Regards
Dave

Small electrolytics can have service lives of just 1000 hours at 85C. I can see a few clip on heatsinks on the medium power transistors, so the main board is probably fairly warm.

@David Hall,

Drop me your e-mail address via 'Start a Conversation' (via clicking my user name or avatar on the left) and I'll send to you what I have.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back