advertisement

DAC tour

OK, there are ebay links in the ISO-DAC user guide on the website support page
Any search of your local ebay for 5V 4Amp power supply will give you the local offerings - for example, this one in US for $5.50

2.1mm DC plug, inner connector is positive polarity - this is the default for most 5V PSes, anyway

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi John,
reading all these postings makes me very interesting in your dac. Trying so many untill now (Mdac, Beresford, Pro-Ject). I like to take part in the tour for testing.
Greetings from Berlin, Christian

Thanks for the request, Christian
You are in Berlin so you will have to be at the end stop on the tour just after MagnusH in Sweden
I see you PMed me your address, thanks!

martiansunrise - currently auditioning
jamwat
MagnusH
OOfiete

Looks like Jamwat can't audition it next week
MagnusH are you still interested & can you audition it next week?

I’ll happily hang onto it for longer. This little thing is fantastic. Vast soundstage and better imaging than my current set up. Even the enemy commented on how good it was sounding.

As there is no reply from MagnusH, OOfiete is next on the list - can I ask him to confirm if he can audition it next week?

Just to clarify some wrong concepts about these Lithium ferrous Phosphate batteries (LiFePO4):

- They are NOT the same as the 3.6V Lithium Ion batteries which need a voltage regulator on the battery output to bring the voltage down to 3.3V which most digital circuitry uses. The LiFePO4 batteries have a 3.3/3.4V steady output from full charge to just before depletion & hence don't need any voltage regulator on their output.

- These LiFePO4 batteries are very low noise power sources but this isn't their only advantage. Any voltage regulator on the battery output, even the modern very low noise TPS7A4700, LT3042/LT3045 (2nV/√Hz at 10kHz), degrade the performance resulting in a degraded sound when driving sensitive audio devices. Yes, these batteries produce power using electrochemical reaction & it's often argued that this produces noise. The chemical reaction activity depends on the power being delivered & when directly powering DAC circuitry with low current requirements, this chemical reaction is minimal. Noise tests on these batteries have been done & found to be below their measurement devices even when under load (0.8A)

More information can be read here

advertisement

Back