advertisement

Hi-Fi Rack with deep shelves

Robby

pfm Member
I have been on the look out for a Hi-Rack with deeper than usual shelves (well deeper than most of the manufacturers who seem to stick at around 40cm).

There are some options such as Atacama but height between the shelves is fixed and not flexible.

Any ideas that won't break the bank (other than making my own - the one and only shelf I put up in the house is still a source of amusement 10 years on)?

I was googling Ikea Lack Hifi shelves yesterday, lots of inspiration there.

IKEA Besta can be configured for different shelf depths , also Isoblue can be configured using spacers to provide extra depth.

IKEA stuff can be nice, but I don’t think they’ve ever made a product with a shelf that will take 25kg. Not without gradually droop to look forward to, anyway.*

*stop it.

I use Quadraspire racks. They do 3 different leg lengths, iirc. Also you can screw 2 together to make them longer, so you can customize it to your requirements.
As quadraspire has been around a while, you may well be able to source some 2nd hand.

I have a spare Symposium Isis 3 shelf rack with roller block decoupling and shelves 480mm deep.
PM if of interest

I have a spare rack if interested.Dimensions:
27.5x19x25 (wxdxh)inches/ space bet. legs: 21.5(w)13.5(d)

shelf space (legs):

base:4 in.
2nd shelf:9 in.
3rd shelf:8 in.
327E9C9A-3F7C-438E-8170-D73C3448257B_zpsep88jcnk.jpeg

I've got a Hifi racks podium reference and rather than replacing at a huge cost I just added an extension on the back of the shelf.

Piece of cheap dowling from B&Q then drilled 5x pilot holes and used 5x long wood screws with gorilla glue to secure it.

It was for my Modwright KWI 200 which weighs 25kg and is 45 cm deep.

cc7a15c8e08c3e0e2ae6c4d2a7b0585c042a9bf8_1_375x500.jpg

I have an Audionote P3, which is very heavy indeed, sitting on an isoblue rack. It is too deep for the isoblue rack so I just placed a spare isoblue shelf on the top shelf of the rack but turned 90 degrees to give the extra depth needed. If needs be, it could be glued down or screwed down. The weight of the amp keeps it in place as it is and it seems to work a treat.

Thanks for all the replies. Some great offers and suggestions.

I'm away for on holiday for three weeks from next week and so will pick back up on this when I get back.

I Use Usher racks. brilliant for large heavy components like valve amps etc. Fully adjustable so you can fit anything on them. heavy as hell though like their speakers.

advertisement

Back