advertisement

Trump Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
you still seem pre-occupied with trial by tabloid character smear. i thought we'd moved beyond that.

I simply don’t buy your predictably oddball radical-leftist arguments. You can stoop to ad hominem if you wish, but it doesn’t strengthen your case. The simple fact is Assange could have walked out of the embassy at any point, and as such he was not a “prisoner”.

Anyway, hopefully he will shortly be expelled from the embassy and we can witness the scenario that would have unfolded had the man either a backbone or personal convictions and walked out himself. If he is shot in the back of the head by US operatives or whisked off to Guantanamo Bay I’ll be far more inclined to believe your radicalism/paranoia/hatred of the USA, but my guess is he’ll just face a media-friendly show-trial, which he’ll win thanks to the first amendment etc, and eventually go onto a hugely lucrative career as a highly tedious and self-absorbed TV show pundit.

37213020_1753635898077993_4342153434506461184_n.jpg

All of Limono’s posts seem to be written when he’s pissed. More worryingly, they are best read, if at all, when pissed oneself. It’s a kind of alcoholic cryptography.

PS. They still don’t make any sense
I agree. I'm often pissed that most intellectuals posting on this forum severely lacks any intellectual honesty. Surely they mastered the language joggling and are pleasant to read but it's a cowardice hiding behind round eloquent sentences. I'm sure it really helped you in professional/academic (VUK?) careers but here you post under an avatars on obscure forum yet still follow a pack mentality . You act like you found your devil and once he will be removed everything will go back to "normal" as you know it. It won't. Your normal is gone , never to return.

I agree. I'm often pissed that most intellectuals posting on this forum severely lacks any intellectual honesty. Surely they mastered the language joggling and are pleasant to read but it's a cowardice hiding behind round eloquent sentences. I'm sure it really helped you in professional/academic (VUK?) careers but here you post under an avatars on obscure forum yet still follow a pack mentality . You act like you found your devil and once he will be removed everything will go back to "normal" as you know it. It won't. Your normal is gone , never to return.

Are these pesky well informed people, with their facts and evidence, cramping your style?

???
what honesty am i lacking?

btw--many people here know who i am in real life and it is my real name i am using (way back, on the original main forum, i used my full name -- many of us did at the time).

max.

that is a powerful plea, but the way i see it, most of the popular journalists people are exposed to are jealous of the great success assange has had. that's what led to most of the questioning of his character, way before the swedish "scanadal". then there are those who think that defending journalistic and speech freedom only applies to situations in which they like the actor and agree with what he is saying.

just think of what is likely to happen here: the extradition of a dissident to a nation led by donald trump and tea-party republicans.

to be fair though, i would welcome the whole thing if somebody at the new york times (which actually operates inside the US) were named as a co-defendant.

I also disagree with the host's statement that the US is the “world's #1 criminal”. See my comment above on inflammatory hyperbole.

if we look at military invasions, covert operations, financial support of dictators, sanctions (which are acts that hurt civilians more than governments), the numbers are overwhelming in support of the claim.

if we look at perceptions of people around the world (famous study conducted by gallup, an american org), the USA is perceived as the greatest threat to world peace. it doesn't mean the perceivers are necessarily correct, but it certainly argues that the #1 criminal claim isn't some delusional fantasy.

maybe "criminal" is not the most accurate term but, whatever alternate label you want to use, the USA is doing very bad things in foreign affairs and is #1 at it. no hyperbole there.

if we look at military invasions, covert operations, financial support of dictators, sanctions (which are acts that hurt civilians more than governments), the numbers are overwhelming in support of the claim.

if we look at perceptions of people around the world (famous study conducted by gallup, an american org), the USA is perceived as the greatest threat to world peace. i doesn't mean the percievers are necessarily correct, but it certainly argues that the #1 criminal claim isn't some delusional fantasy.

maybe "criminal" is not the most accurate term but, whatever alternate label you want to use, the USA is doing very bad things in foreign affairs and is #1 at it. no hyperbole there.

Quite correct. The US has dominated and domineered the global economy through military and financial strength, subterfuge, spying, subverting other countries, and just generally throwing their weight around. Most of the internal institutions, the world bank, IMF, internet regulators etc .. are explicitly set up to favour the US view of the world and to maintain that position.

The US feels insulted when other entities, the EU, China (forget Russia, economically they are light-weights) challenge their position, and will do whatever they can to disrupt them.

The US as the “shining beacon of democracy for the world” is purest bollocks.

just think of what is likely to happen here: the extradition of a dissident to a nation led by donald trump and tea-party republicans.

The very same Donald Trump & Tea Party Republican administration he clearly colluded to elect!

PS The rest of your post is ridiculous projection unworthy of comment.

Quite correct. The US has dominated and domineered the global economy through military and financial strength, subterfuge, spying, subverting other countries, and just generally throwing their weight around. Most of the internal institutions, the world bank, IMF, internet regulators etc .. are explicitly set up to favour the US view of the world and to maintain that position.

The US feels insulted when other entities, the EU, China (forget Russia, economically they are light-weights) challenge their position, and will do whatever they can to disrupt them.

The US as the “shining beacon of democracy for the world” is purest bollocks.

In fairness the US is a democracy in a way China and Russia just aren’t. The US has huge issues, especially of violence and racism (both at home and abroad), but people are able to stand for election without being beaten-up or killed and citizens are protected by a constitution, bill of rights and a proper judicial system. That is a heck of a lot better than many places on this planet. Ironically many places our leftist radicals here so often defend!

I’m not defending Putin’s Russia. But does it never occur to anyone to ask how it got like that?

Spoiler: it involves the World’s Greatest Democracy.

In fairness the US is a democracy in a way China and Russia just aren’t. The US has huge issues, especially of violence and racism (both at home and abroad), but people are able to stand for election without being beaten-up or killed usually but to have any chance of winning you must have the backing of corporate America as it cost about a billion to get elected president. Citizens are protected by a constitution, bill of rights and a proper judicial system, providing you have a butt load of money, if you are poor you are stuffed. That is a heck of a lot better than many places on this planet. Ironically many places our leftist radicals here so often defend!

FIFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back