advertisement

Electro music suggestions

Andrew C!

Been around a while....
Having got into the house music thread elsewhere on here, I did a little searching for recommendations for more electro stuff.

I appreciate this is a wide genre, so perhaps a way to describe other recommendations is to suggest some of the stuff I like which I think fits this category?

So, I’ve recently liked:
Christine and the Queens
Nakhane
St Vincent
Alison Moyets recent releases

To name but a few.

Older stuff I return to include:
Leftfield
Kraftwwrk
Depeche Mode (some of the recent stuff, but much more so pre SOTU)

So, any suggestions?

Give any of these a try:-
Hologram Moon by Kirlian Camera
World of Sleepers by Carbon Based Lifeforms
Automatic by VNV Nation
Man by Fascinator

A few to try. Is this the sort of stuff you mean?

Credit to Farfromthesun for this (not sure how I missed it but I did). Currently available on Scopex compilation on Tresor records

If you have never heard Muslimgauze, then you are in for a treat. Over 100 hundred albums, here is a good place to start >>>

The Rootsman vs Muslimgauze ‎– City Of Djinn
Label:
Third Eye Music ‎– TEMCD009
Format:
CD, Album, Limited Edition
UK
Released:
Sep 1997
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
Ambient, Experimental, Tribal

I also suggest Silknoose, Ayatollah Dollar, and Hummus. There are soo many albums a bit of direction is useful.

Such an interesting chap, I have been listening to his stuff since early/mid nineties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslimgauze

Enjoy!

Thanks for the responses so far - my plan is to have a proper listen to them tomorrow evening.

Please keep them coming. I’ve a feeling some of your choices may end up costing me some dosh:)

Ok -I like some of the suggestions - some of the other music isn't dissimilar to whats been posted on the House thread IMHO.

I like this kind of thing:

advertisement

Back