advertisement

which headphone extension cable?

Rockmeister

pfm Member
I see them on ebay for less that £1 a meter inc plug and socket...slightly cautious of that quality.
My Shure SRH 1540's have what seems HQ cable, but only about 1.5 meters. I need another 3 or 4 to reach the listening chair. Any ideas without straying into cuckoo land?

I recall Grado offered a quarter-inch terminated extension cable. Probably decent quality at a sensible price.

yup the QED 6.5mm 3m length looks ideal...£10 cheaper than that ebay link via amazon...can someone post the link? Does T get a nod if we click through via a link here I think??

Most cheap cables from e bay and Amazon ARE pretty shoddy, but Victeck branded braided cables from Amazon, are excellent. They're not dirt cheap, but they're a lot cheaper than the offerings from QED.

My three metre lead is Van Damme Classic mic. cable blah blah. Nice terminations, too. No idea who markets it as it came with my Senn. 650s. I really cannot detect any difference between the Senn's into the h/phone amp.on their own lead and plugged into the extension. Actually, wish I had a longer one. I mention this only because of the (blue) V.D. cable, which may be used on others.

I see them on ebay for less that £1 a meter inc plug and socket...slightly cautious of that quality.
My Shure SRH 1540's have what seems HQ cable, but only about 1.5 meters. I need another 3 or 4 to reach the listening chair. Any ideas without straying into cuckoo land?

You're obviously still happy with them ? I've oohed and aahed whether to shell out 350-plus on cans, but am still so tempted.......

I use a qed but their ‘posh’ graphite £30 for 3m I think it was and it’s pretty decent.

Was just about to also recommend designacable. I ordered a 3m Van Damme cable for 22 quid. Nice Neutrik 6.3mm jack and a switchcraft 3.5mm for the headphones to plug into.

I went for orange Van Damme too, it is nice and bright which I thought would stop my daughter tripping over the cable. It didn't.

The Grado extension on Sennheisser 800 from Schiit Lyr2 all works well together.
From all Linn LK/LP12 system.

Was just about to also recommend designacable. I ordered a 3m Van Damme cable for 22 quid. Nice Neutrik 6.3mm jack and a switchcraft 3.5mm for the headphones to plug into.

Sounds like the 3m blue one I have, though it has 'classic' written on the robust cable. Excellent with my 650s and am surprised it's so cheap !

Sounds like the 3m blue one I have, though it has 'classic' written on the robust cable. Excellent with my 650s and am surprised it's so cheap !

Yeah, mine has Classic XKE microphone written on it. Nice feel to it and not too heavy considering its thickness.

I've got the Grado extension too. Works very well with a pair of Grado 125s driven by a Mytek Brooklyn.

advertisement

Back