advertisement

The Manly Thread

image.php

image.php

I claim top manly points by association... Mrs Mull used to teach English to people of all nations. At one point she was teaching lots of Finns. One presented her with that culinary classic tome, 'Game Dishes of Finland', by Jaako Kolmonen.
I just wish I had the time to scan and post a few pics from it.. but quotes will have to do:

Korpiselka elk-in-a-jacket

Bird's Tongue Stew. 'The tongue of a bird is small and delicious'

Grilled Muskrat tastes mild and rather sweet.. almost like game.

( Imagine the image..) Cooked paws of a two year old bear with jelly in the centre, a gristly cooked toe on the left, and a paw with the skin on at the top.

I could go on but I suspect that for many this snapshot of Finnish cuisine makes Sir Arthur Streive-Greibling's 'Frog and Peach' restaurant sound positively benign.

Last edited:
Tractor-mounted flamethrowers to kill weeds and pests. Organic farming is manly!

And very environmentally friendly. All that lovely 'post combustion' CO2 for the plants to absorb, if the global warming doesn't fry them first.

I claim top manly points by association... Mrs Mull used to teach English to people of all nations. At one point she was teaching lots of Finns. One presented her with that culinary classic tome, 'Game Dishes of Finland', by Jaako Kolmonen.
I just wish I had the time to scan and post a few pics from it.. but quotes will have to do:

I could go on but I suspect that for many this snapshot of Finnish cuisine makes Sir Arthur Streive-Greibling's 'Frog and Peach' restaurant sound positively benign.

Mull,
You’ll see from the menu I posted, they were serving the bear with lingonberry. I had a special gin they were offering with the same berry in it, so I bought some dried ones to take home and make my own with.
I was equally appalled by seeing ‘Minkie Shag Puffin’ on a board outside a restaurant in Reykjavik once.

the manly as a hegelian riddle (all 3 pictures shot in the last 36 hours as of posting):

exhibit 00100:

image.php

exhibit 01001:

image.php

exhibit 11010:

image.php

advertisement

Back