advertisement

Silver cable

I can't quite believe someone was asking earlier for evidence that silver sulfide has lower conductivity than pure silver.

Anyway here's some peer-reviewed data:

http://www.te.com/documentation/whitepapers/pdf/Performance_implications_Silver_Myers2009.pdf

Look at section D, especially Figure 12 and the text around it.
Thanks for sharing. That article is really technical. It will take me a while to read and I can't even understand some of the language or concepts they are trying to explain. What's your take on it?

Last edited:
I would like to try and make my own silver power cables to replace the stock cables that I have. I'm reluctant to fork out a lot of money for what is already on the market because it looks pretty straight forward to make my own. The only problem is, I'm not really in the loop with regards to which cables are considered good, what type of cables are available, does the cable need to be shielded, where to buy connectors etc. I would appreciate your guidance please!
Another vote for Supra. Try the link below and look for the SPC cable, Silver Plated Copper. You get the best of both worlds.

lorad-mk11.html

I'm just a tiny little mole called winkywoo. Some rabbits were nice to me and shared their biscuits. I was gracious and showed my appreciation for liking their posts but then I came across some what could be considered 'nasty' badgers to the 'populous' and they could possibly want to 'turn' me into mole 'stew'. I'm only a tiny little mole but I don't 'Om' no 'shit'. Show me some kindness/respect and I will reciprocate by giving you some of my 'refined' tubers. Moles and badgers speak different languages. A technician is going to understand an engineer (maybe). A lawyer is going to understand the language of a judge (maybe). I'm just a tiny little mole with cloth ears. I sometimes misinterpret the language you are using. I'm not as well travelled as some of you. Please try to explain in a language that I can comprehend.

I'd like to experiment whether silver back to the consumer unit could possibly 'alter' the 'presentation'. I need to find out where to buy the silver. There must be someone on this knowledgeable forum that knows who's supplying who. Be a 'mole' and spill. Help out the little guy. He ain't got much dough. He just wanna appreciate some tunes on his 'bass' box. We 'all' love music. We don't need to have loads of money to enjoy it either.

I have 'herd' over £300,000 of what could be considered tainted 'audiofool' music. 'Some' people who perhaps 'possess' the holy grail filled with 'golden' ears may unintentionally without their 'conscious' knowledge, be 'accused' of speaking out of their 'Fu' by using 'hyperbole' to 'disguise' their apparently 'self' sustaining and what is possibly the hidden 'Evil' of a 'paedophillically' unsatisfiable 'ego'. Sometimes it feels like a 'yang' slinging contest. Who's got the biggest 'dong'? You got loads of 'money' but your system almost ripped me to shreds: I'm 'bleeding' all over. My ears may never recover from the 'shrill' of the possibly 'insanely' intense photonic charges of pure 'Qi' powered by a 'ludicrous' brightness and luminosity that could possibly be considered 'delusional' foreplay by my 'hungry' ghost. Discernment is a quality. It may never be be achieved in this life time: poor young soul, better luck in your next life.

When you throw a 'grenade' into the 'ocean', all of the fish will scatter, the 'nastiest' fish will not flinch an 'eyelid'. Their 'demonic' intent for 'Xue' is fueled by an 'unsatitied' lust for 'ascension'. They look for new 'fish' that they consider to be 'fresh' meat. They 'prey' on these poor 'virginal' souls and use what could be considered 'abusive' and even often 'vulgar' undertones in their 'vile' attempt to show them who's the 'daddy'. This is nothing more than a 'yin' slanging contest for fappers that live alone with possibly 'no' wife or 'family'. Alone with all their 'gold' and too much 'time' on their 'hands', this may possibly allow an 'individual' to draw upon their 'diseased' life 'force' in order to 'feed' the 'unreciprocated' indulgence of the 'Po', in what could be considered futile 'fantasies' but more commonly known as 'unsubstantiated' but also 'affectionately' known as 'BS'. When they're not fapping over the 'NX555' or 'tinkering' with their 'winkies' they 'impute' what could be considered 'halucinagenic' hyperbole by fapping ripping 'us' off with 'unsubstantiated' claims which don't make a fapping 'PRaT': this is 'enforced' by an 'army' of loyalists ready to defend their 'censored' dictatorship.

There are some really distinguished retired technicians/engineers here. In addition to distinguished policy makers and advisors. Why don't we form a 'new' company? A co-operative? Rewarded by investment and divided according to input and expertise? What do you think ladies and gentlemen? We all have the same passion for music. We all started from somewhere, be it rich or poor. You work whenever you want. You assist with the design schematics, technicalities, engineering, finance, policy making, sales, accounting, law. Whatever your speciality is, this mole is graciously offering to follow his 'Shen' for 'real' change. This mole is asking for your help. This mole needs your expertise. You don't get paid anything. You're already retired and I doubt you need the money.

We need benefactors and philanthropists to support 'One' universal cause. It's not cheap bringing a product to market. It could cost millions of tubers and the returns could be slow. We need an entry level and refined series to allow all moles to enjoy their music. We all live in the same hole. We need to get along but sometimes we disagree and at times it could be considered distasteful. There are always two sides to a story. Sometimes there is miscommunication that possibly escalates into what could be considered 'nuclear' warfare, but we need to move on and progress with life. We all make mistakes: perhaps 'unicorns' exist that are too proud to admit that they may have possibly made what could be considered an 'error'. Come out of your holes. I know that there are loads of moles in this 'hole'. Reveal yourselves or PM me! We've got some BSc, MSc, PhD and a myriad of recognised qualifications out there that are too numerous to 'Naim' but remain significant.

We also need people that will be able to demo our products. We need some volunteers and venues to test out our 'creations'. We need to know what the rules and regulations are. It is illegal to break the 'Way' so we may require a 'review' of the policies based on the 'latest' academic research. Do you girls and guys wanna publish some articles for review in peer reviewed journals? It would make our work more scientifically credible and acceptable to the general public and the 'ASA'. We also need rigorous scientific research and studies with well defined methodologies and reproduceable conditions examined under the scrutiny of 'unbiased' criticality. Moles are welcome to discuss so much more, mole to mole. Who wants in? I suggest a new 'Name' for this company.

Please elaborate.

I think you should ask a friend, someone who knows stuff, someone well read, a professor perhaps...

02BF9A45000005DC-3135338-image-a-34_1435016063387.jpg

I can't quite believe someone was asking earlier for evidence that silver sulfide has lower conductivity than pure silver.

Anyway here's some peer-reviewed data:

http://www.te.com/documentation/whitepapers/pdf/Performance_implications_Silver_Myers2009.pdf

Look at section D, especially Figure 12 and the text around it.
First all of I would like to thank droodzilla for finding an article from the IEEE. The introduction explains that silver has been considered to be an alternative to gold because of the 'rising' cost of the latter. It explains silver connectors were exposed to an artificially accelerated environment containing Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) and Chlorine gas (Cl2), which reacts with silver to form Silver Sulphide (Ag2S) and Silver Chloride (AgCl) respectively. H2S and Cl2 are not readily available in home environments and the author explains that oxidation would more likely be the result of humidity. The use of sheathing to envelope wire is also considered sufficient to prevent the internal wire from oxidising.

Tests were conducted to evaluate the 'contact' resistance. In these instances, the author details contacts such as connectors etc that are pure silver, silver plated nickel or silver plated copper. The author further states that wiping contacts is sufficient to remove oxides (think of polishing silverware) to bring back the lustre. There is no mention of the conductivity of silver being reduced due to oxidation that cannot simply be removed by wiping/cleaning. Please evaluate the article and please feel free to correct my limited understanding.

H2S and Cl2 are not readily available in home environments and the author explains that oxidation would more likely be the result of humidity. The use of sheathing to envelope wire is also considered sufficient to prevent the internal wire from oxidising.
There is plenty of sulphur diaxide in the air in KL, from low grade diesel and kilns. It makes the connectors on radio base stations go black in no time

The author further states that wiping contacts is sufficient to remove oxides (think of polishing silverware) to bring back the lustre. There is no mention of the conductivity of silver being reduced due to oxidation that cannot simply be removed by wiping/cleaning
Which makes for a very limited cycle lifetime. No use for an input selector switch

advertisement

Back