advertisement

Garrard 401 template

MotherSky

pfm Member

Greetings one and all - does anyone know of a 401 template that shows cutouts at, say, 25mm increments (in depth) - I have the widely available top plate plans, and have found a 301 template of the type I am looking for, but nothing for the 401 - obviously I jig it up and work it out myself, but why reinvent the wheel? I am prepared to pay for a properly produced drawing, as it will save a reasonable amount of time/faff - thanks in advance for any pointers
MH

Hi. I've made myself a 401 plinth a while ago. Something similar to the open Loricraft style plinth but with layered/contoured top plate. I'm using "Palle di Epidauro" in between the top and bottom plate - works rather better than squash balls and don't deform over time. It seems they are no longer available though.

I can't recall which cutouts template I've used at the time... It isn't a very tight fit if that's what you're looking for...

Anyway, happy to share the drawings if you need/want them nevertheless - just let me know your email via the conversations system.

advertisement

Back