advertisement

Tangerine Audio Stiletto

Hi lambo

RRP on both fluted and flush Stiletto is £4900, Skorpion is £1500; it will work fine on Mana, in fact our new Eklipse sub platform shares some principals with Mana.

Regards,

Mark

Hmm interesting
My next upgrade was going to be urika 2.5k as I am currently using dynavector p75 mk3
Obviously plinth comes before phono stage
Can you use stiletto without a scorpion as I am halfway there plus sale of plinth and top plate
Regards

Hmm interesting
My next upgrade was going to be urika 2.5k as I am currently using dynavector p75 mk3
Obviously plinth comes before phono stage
Can you use stiletto without a scorpion as I am halfway there plus sale of plinth and top plate
Regards

You'll get more of a performance jump doing it in that order also we have just taken delivery of the Skorpion base to accommodate Urika.

Yes, Stiletto was developed with Trampolin 2, Skorpion simply raises the bar again but Stiletto with Tramp 2 is still awesome as many will attest to.

Eklipse is designed to work with Skorpion, we are developing a complete system around Stiletto which we think will culminate in a dedicated wall shelf.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks mark
I currently don’t have tramp 2 just baseboard as I didn’t like tramp 2 on mana
So going forward definitely worth investigating
Thank you

I had a visit from Mark and Derek today.

The Skorpion base has now been added, and straight from fitting it was clear how it added to the Stiletto. Another top notch product from Tangerine.

For good measure I have swapped out the Clearaudio Concerto for a Kiseki Purpleheart. A very fine cartridge indeed, more relaxed in presentation than the Concerto but adding to the detail with a lovely airy sound.

Very pleased.

Worringly, Mark and Derek made a couple of interesting suggestions which I will seek to pursue in the New Year...

A day in now.

And I am truly staggered.

The Stiletto was a remarkable upgrade to the LP12, and I am certain that the Skorpion has taken the whole shooting match a stage further. The Skorpion is the foundation for the Stiletto and the depth of bass, yet pin point clarity is quite remarkable. Throw in the Kiseki and wow. Very very impressed.

A case in point, playing Paul Simon, and the tone of the piano on My Little Town is so lifelike.

David, I'll sort that out, the new website is offline but will be up fairly soon, in the meantime I'll take a snap.

Skorpion is machined from a solid billet of aluminium and grooved out in a similar fashion to Karmen and Plateau on the inside. There are multiple lands where it bolts to Stiletto. Then there are three big lands on the underside where the feet are attached, these are our own and machined from stainless steel, finally the feet sit in machined cups, it is a tripod design. This in turn will sit in the new Eklipse sub platform due early next year.

Regards,

Mark

@MichaelC, good to hear you're enjoying it all, your system sounds quite awesome!

I have finally had a demo of the Stiletto down at my dealers this morning and overall first impression is that….. I like it!

To me it pulls things together very well with not only a "groove and vibe" that I like but also is the direction of the "furrow I have been ploughing" over the decades.

It held things together very well with a good 3D spacing and a sense of realism and did not drift into that dry precise / clinical sound that I hear too often in many products these days. It was particularly good at holding it all together in crescendos where the music builds and builds into a climax which some systems I have heard just fall apart. It was good on a range of music from quiet through to live rock. In fact I found no fault with it!

So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan but this will have to wait a while as I am the trail of replacing my Record Cleaning Machine which takes top priority at present.

So, nice one Tangerine Audio and thanks to David and The Sound Organisation for a most enjoyable morning.

Richard

I have finally had a demo of the Stiletto down at my dealers this morning and overall first impression is that….. I like it!

To me it pulls things together very well with not only a "groove and vibe" that I like but also is the direction of the "furrow I have been ploughing" over the decades.

It held things together very well with a good 3D spacing and a sense of realism and did not drift into that dry precise / clinical sound that I hear too often in many products these days. It was particularly good at holding it all together in crescendos where the music builds and builds into a climax which some systems I have heard just fall apart. It was good on a range of music from quiet through to live rock. In fact I found no fault with it!

So I was impressed enough to tentatively arrange a home dem / loan but this will have to wait a while as I am the trail of replacing my Record Cleaning Machine which takes top priority at present.

So, nice one Tangerine Audio and thanks to David and The Sound Organisation for a most enjoyable morning.

Richard

Richard

Thank you and yes David certainly knows his stuff

ATB
Mark

I had a visit from Mark and Derek today.

The Skorpion base has now been added, and straight from fitting it was clear how it added to the Stiletto. Another top notch product from Tangerine.

For good measure I have swapped out the Clearaudio Concerto for a Kiseki Purpleheart. A very fine cartridge indeed, more relaxed in presentation than the Concerto but adding to the detail with a lovely airy sound.

Very pleased.

Worringly, Mark and Derek made a couple of interesting suggestions which I will seek to pursue in the New Year...

By way of update. Mark and Derek popped over yesterday.

There is now an Eklipse in place. Top notch manufacture, as ever.

And, after many years of employing the services of a Naim Aro I now have an Ekos in place.

Now that makes an interesting comparison.

What I will say, 24 hours in, vinyl replay really can be quite staggeringly good. More to report in coming days, and I may even try and post a picture...

advertisement

Back