advertisement

Ittok bearing and cable service, Audio Origami?

J7 rewired my Rega RB300, changed bearings, and did a 'foam fill'. Highly recommended. #Cymbiosis fitted my arm to my PT1, make a Linn majik LP12 sound pale and lifeless. :)

The Ittok is off the deck and packed ready to go. I've been advized it might only need a service, but have asked for replacement bearings if there is the slightest doubt. Internal rewire too. I played a few favourite lps last night, as it may be away a few weeks, should have taped em on the Revox at the same time, oh well. Definately does not sound pale and lifeless, so looking forward to hearing the result! Also waiting on new Qudos and psu boards for the 110 monoblocks, so ES14 replacement now off the agenda for now

Mk1 Ekos - good to read that Linn still update or at least repair these.

I haven't used the deck for some years, but while the arm did seem to track okay, I think the lateral bearing was sticking. With the arm in balance, and gently tapping it across the platter, it hesitated in a couple of places.

If the lateral bearing needs replacement, does anyone know if Audio Origami also does this work?

Thanks.

hi guys

many thanks for the nice words people !!

UPDATE:
yes i do now offer upgrade bearings for the linn arms now inc akito and ittoks and ekos etc

and also on the rega arms (esp the lower end rb250/300 type etc)

for customers with the linn ekos arms ,.. linn will still service your arm...think its about £400 ish now...so please feel free to get these arms done at linn if needed

hope that helps

best wishes
j7

Thanks, for the info on servicing Ekos mk1 by Linn, and noted that you can also replace the bearings on them.

Cheers.

Thanks, for the info on servicing Ekos mk1 by Linn, and noted that you can also replace the bearings on them.

Cheers.

lolol yes I'm the cheap option :)

and some would say the solution to to the original problem with the arm :D

but I'm so busy with repairs ,...im happy to share the love and keep linn in profit :p

advertisement

Back