advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,
You can add me to the list I have committed to two EU DETOX.

Rune, I am curios why you are getting both the Streamer and the DETOX. Doesn't the Streamer make the DETOX redundant? FDAC should have elements of DETOX built in as well.

Bigdog is correct, I have promised to build the Detox after the Streamer PCB once the SMD PnP machine arrives (September) so we should start to get the chassis & components ordered now.

John, Glad you had a good trip.

I am a bit confused by this statement. Are you saying you will build all ordered Streamers first (and possibly no more) and then all DETOX orders and possibly no more.

In other words are you asking us to make a decision if we want Streamer and/or detox now?

I'm already on the Detox list (have paid the initial dev fee) and will need a UK PSU. The offer of doing PFM listening tests here is still open, if needed. I'm keen to get my Detox as my third USB hub between SBT and MDAC is playing up, and I don't really want to buy yet another one...

<moderating>

I've removed a lot of spam from a user from the thread. I've left the initial concerns in the thread, but only as a discussion point. The classifieds room thread obviously remains, there is no issue with that. Any further cross-board spamming will be met with a one week ban, i.e. Anjora, you need to get to your signature line and remove it before I do!

I've mentioned a few times its hard to judge where we are at sonically compared to competitor designs - and the little Pro-Ject DAC which is based on our own internal XMOS software development platform has a very nice review in Hi-Fi News.

I was forwarded a scanned copy (The Highlights have not been added by me):-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1ptx4f4if8t43w/Hi-Fi News Pro-ject020.pdf?dl=0

Sonically, the MDAC2 is in a different league so it bodes well :)

Congratulations John....85% for sound is an A* in my book and I like the look of the unit and the remote (apple white?:eek:). Your reputation enhanced...precedes you, I would say. I raise my glass in celebration with you....Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted JohnW
" ... You MIST have read the recent post by me concerning progress? so YOUR ONLY intent can be to stoke the fire.

With such "SUPPORT" I would PREFER you remove yourself from the Detox project ..."

Sorry if I upset you again being one of your first supporters, still in for Detox with EU plug ... ;-)

Detox will be unnecessary with the streaming card(s) of MDAC2 & FDAC. So I think I'll tempt fate, and skip Detox & wait for the DACs & Streamers...

Derek

Hi John

I've paid Dev for the DETOX but like another users question here, will having the Streamer (which I've paid for too) make this DETOX surplus now?

You mentioned once something like looping the DETOX out from the Streamer USB and back into an external MDAC2 USB port - is this concept worth entertaining, or will the Clock lock etc be lost?

Thanks

Ps...If it's a worthwhile (and not overly clunky) option, I'll do a UK DETOX

Pps if it would be possible to have a neat DETOX+Streamer link thought of before committing to the new MDAC2 back plate design and PSU that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back