advertisement

Freemasons - What Do You Know About Them?

I've already said the charitable donations (and work) are excellent. These replies are a bit "politician", "we teach respect, but do inequality-however look over here where we do a lot work for charity".

What inequality?
If you are referring to women not being allowed at meetings then I have no answer that would satisfy I am guessing.
Just like the WI we have woman at our meetings and just like the WI members of the opposite sex cannot become members but are welcome at talks and social events.

What inequality?
If you are referring to women not being allowed at meetings then I have no answer that would satisfy I am guessing.
Just like the WI we have woman at our meetings and just like the WI members of the opposite sex cannot become members but are welcome at talks and social events.

What inequality? Im sure your belief allows you to not let women into your club. However back here in 2017 some of us see that as a problem. I can run through some more details of how women are treated differently and I'm sure you'd answer those by talking about the WI and charity. Please note why the WI has a charitable status and you don't, they help others first and you help yourselves first- read the judges comments.

What has disappointed me is your refusal to even acknowledge that banning women from your "club" is odd. You've never said something simple like "I know it's a bit old fashion that the lodge is men only, it's our tradition but we acknowledge this and how it looks and are working towards modernising ". Even golf clubs are down no this. So you don't see it as a problem and aren't doing anything about it. Explain that to your daughter or younger female.

The Civil Service and Armed Forces have a large number of Masons........

This was certainly my experience of both organisations. However, I was left in no doubt that memberships of a secret society was incompatible with public service, particularly in my line of work.

What inequality? Im sure your belief allows you to not let women into your club. However back here in 2017 some of us see that as a problem. I can run through some more details of how women are treated differently and I'm sure you'd answer those by talking about the WI and charity. Please note why the WI has a charitable status and you don't, they help others first and you help yourselves first- read the judges comments.

What has disappointed me is your refusal to even acknowledge that banning women from your "club" is odd. You've never said something simple like "I know it's a bit old fashion that the lodge is men only, it's our tradition but we acknowledge this and how it looks and are working towards modernising ". Even golf clubs are down no this. So you don't see it as a problem and aren't doing anything about it. Explain that to your daughter or younger female.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed. I can only say that, with a single exception, I've never met the daughter or wife/partner of a Mason who feels excluded.
I can see that the non admittance of women to male Masonic Lodges can be seen as an throwback to to darker days when inequality was everywhere.
As I said women are regularly admitted into meetings to hear talks etc.
But yes, women are not allowed to join male Masonic Lodges and I can see how that is viewed as an inequality.
I have nothing to offer other than the above.

As to Charity may I just correct you on the helping ourselves first, Masons give more to non masonic relief than we do to ourselves.
The MCF has charitable status.

I so wish I could say yes!

Jedi a Mason can be...

star-wars-force-awakens-MASONIC.jpg

don.

maybe you can tear a page out of john mccain's book and threaten them for questionning your supremacy as an american.

vuk.

Can anyone explain Hip Hop's obsession with Freemasonry and its imagery? A little while ago, you could hardly view a mainstream Hip Hop video without being exposed to Freemasonic imagery - pyramids, all seeing eyes, owls, checker boards, compass and squares etc. Is it because the gangsta and commercial side of the rap genre is obsessed with wealth, power, bling, materialism etc and they associate Freemasonry and secret societies with the elite and exclusivity? They want to be at the top of the pyramid, a 33 Degree and 'Illuminated'. Is it just a fashion/trend thing for them or is there something more sinister behind it?

Can anyone explain Hip Hop's obsession with Freemasonry and its imagery? A little while ago, you could hardly view a mainstream Hip Hop video without being exposed to Freemasonic imagery - pyramids, all seeing eyes, owls, checker boards, compass and squares etc. Is it because the gangsta and commercial side of the rap genre is obsessed with wealth, power, bling, materialism etc and they associate Freemasonry and secret societies with the elite and exclusivity?

Owls are masons?:D

don.

maybe you can tear a page out of john mccain's book and threaten them for questionning your supremacy as an american.

vuk.

Other than that I repeated his word, supreme, this seems totally random--or a slur on my nationality.....

don.

i was just trying to help get you into his water-buffalo macho-man club.

vuk.

Okay, can we parse 'supreme being?' Must the supremacy include the familiar supreme godly attributes: ominpotence, eternality, omniscience, omnipresence, etc? Or is 'holding supreme office' enough (ie, Zeus or Odin).

Many of those apply to my wife who is the 'Supreme Being' in our household :D

Supreme office is not sufficient I'm afraid.

Can anyone explain Hip Hop's obsession with Freemasonry and its imagery? A little while ago, you could hardly view a mainstream Hip Hop video without being exposed to Freemasonic imagery - pyramids, all seeing eyes, owls, checker boards, compass and squares etc. Is it because the gangsta and commercial side of the rap genre is obsessed with wealth, power, bling, materialism etc and they associate Freemasonry and secret societies with the elite and exclusivity? They want to be at the top of the pyramid, a 33 Degree and 'Illuminated'. Is it just a fashion/trend thing for them or is there something more sinister behind it?

Interesting, I had not heard of this.

Can you link to some examples and I'll try to decipher them for you?

P.S. Owls have no connections with Freemasonry in my experience. Lovely birds though.

advertisement

Back