advertisement

Incident in london

This is 'telling' others and 'preaching' a true path to those who don't want to know or even have their own belief systems in place already...
Actually it is talking about servants and direct employees, remember I am in a Muslim majority country. The duty is to politely offer information. If the offer is declined then shut up. Force is not permitted at all.

So if the whole scenario was the other way around and there's a Muslim working as a direct employee in a school in the UK do you think its fair to try and preach to them about Jesus and the Church of England's path to Christianity?

So if the whole scenario was the other way around and there's a Muslim working as a direct employee in a school in the UK do you think its fair to try and preach to them about Jesus and the Church of England's path to Christianity?

Proselytizing has played an equal role in the history of both Christianity and Islam. There is never a good time for your line of argument. Now is a really bad time.

So what is the answer to this, anyone have an idea as the authorities seem at a loss,

I would not be surprised one bit if, over the next couple of days, all individuals involved in this attack were know to the authorities, it seems to a growing trend after such an attack, why are we letting known terror suspects into our country, it's not racist, it's not going against religious belief, it's a f^cking fact, I just feel so angry every time I see this happening, there are over 1000 known terror suspects living in this country, something has to change or this is going to carry on.

So what is the answer to this, anyone have an idea as the authorities seem at a loss,

I would not be surprised one bit if, over the next couple of days, all individuals involved in this attack were know to the authorities, it seems to a growing trend after such an attack, why are we letting known terror suspects into our country, it's not racist, it's not going against religious belief, it's a f^cking fact, I just feel so angry every time I see this happening, there are over 1000 known terror suspects living in this country, something has to change or this is going to carry on.

It's not a matter of letting them in. Many were born here.

This.

It's easy to say - kick them out, arrest them all, how? Within the parameters of U.K. Law which suggests you have to commit an offence to be arrested.

With so many uk born, where would we kick them out too? Borders for terroists mean nothing, we live on an island as it is. Unless we do a Trump style block on travel and make it law for many years this is getting on impossible to actually carry out.

Intelligence is the way, has to be!

Probably born here, so "kicking people out" isn't the answer.

Just get on with things as you were, they will get bored and go away eventually, to be replaced by something else no doubt.

If you let every incident like this get to you then you'll end up living your life paralised by fear, better off just putting the kettle on and getting on with it.

But many weren't. Some solutions aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't have the figures, but I think many people would be surprised at how many are British citizens, second or third generation.

The scary ones are those who have returned from fighting in Syria. They've been completely desensitised to the worst brutality. There is no reasoning with them.

Short term, the answer is: don't do anything stupid. Difficult when angry (as I am, by the way, as well as scared, if I'm honest - and I lived in Belfast during a very bad time).

Internment would almost certainly be very, very stupid. It's alarming that public figures are calling for a "debate" on internment but I guess to be expected.

Here's a "balanced" BBC account (actual balance, IMO, would require them to frame the issue as "right wing lunatics propose internment"):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40084280

And here's a more explicitly cautionary article from Middle East Eye:

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/i...etainee-britains-own-guantanamo-bay-735124171

Whatever we are dong at present, it's not working, it needs a new plan.

Maybe stopping such individuals from coming back into the country would be a start, cut off the source.
Why are we not doing this, we could if we wished,
The guy from the Manchester bombing was known to authorities, yet they allow him to come & go as he wants, it's madness.

Is there something going on i'm unaware of, it's makes no logical sense to allow someone you know could act in this way, back into the country.

Would the authorities have allowed Ted Bundy to swan around the US knowing what he was capable of, I think not, we have over 1000 of them here.

This is going to carry on - at least throughout our lifetimes.

Death tolls will most likely rise - they are still likely to be lower than the numbers that will die from ambulance delays on a day to day basis.

Ask enlightened politicians and analysts why and for ideas on how to protect your children and grandchildren from both eventualities.

Try for once to be proactive and to think long term. I know it's unfashionable.

One hopes that some of the nonsense about not sharing intelligence with the EU after brexit has well and truly been put in the wastepaper basket.

Probably born here, so "kicking people out" isn't the answer.

Born here yes, but these individuals are know to authorities, they leave the country, the Manchester bomber only returned recently before the attack.

I'm not talking about me personally, I will carry on regardless, burying your head & hoping it will go away, as you seem to be suggesting, is useless.

I do wonder, if people who think this way, had their wife & young children killed by such an individual, would show such apathy to the situation.

This is going to carry on - at least throughout our lifetimes.

Death tolls will most likely rise - they are still likely to be lower than the numbers that will die from ambulance delays on a day to day basis.

Ask enlightened politicians and analysts why and for ideas on how to protect your children and grandchildren from both eventualities.

Try for once to be proactive and to think long term. I know it's unfashionable.
Such apathy will not resolve the issue.

It could explain why our citizens are being murdered on the streets.

If the Manchester attacker was known, he should have had extra scrutiny from customs when he came back to the UK. How did he get the explosives and detonator in the UK? Careful customs inspection of flagged individuals doesn't take nearly as much manpower and money as following them around day to day

I don't have the figures, but I think many people would be surprised at how many are British citizens, second or third generation.

The scary ones are those who have returned from fighting in Syria. They've been completely desensitised to the worst brutality. There is no reasoning with them.

How can they be allowed back if it's known they've been fighting in Syria?

Is there something going on i'm unaware of, it's makes no logical sense to allow someone you know could act in this way, back into the country.

Would the authorities have allowed Ted Bundy to swan around the US knowing what he was capable of, I think not, we have over 1000 of them here.

I believe that the idea of not allowing them back into the country was proposed by David Cameron in 2014.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08r1tsz

Unfortunately, it may run foul of immigration and human rights laws and would seem to have been discounted back then and relying on TPIMS.

advertisement

Back