advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a cracking camera. I know it's a favourite with street photographers but I'm using it for absolutely everything. I'm enjoying playing around with the snap focus settings too. Having the ability to both auto focus as normal or snap focus with a swift mash of the shutter is genius. Everything about this camera is lightning fast in operation.

It's such a brilliantly designed camera - you can operate all the main functions with one hand. Controls are infinitely customisable. You can tell it was designed by photographers. I don't mind the lack of an EVF. People don't bat an eyelid when they see you with this camera. The trouble is adding an EVF would add considerably to the cost of the camera as well as possibly increasing the size and losing the all important pocketability. I may pick up a decent 28mm OVF but I've had no issues with the LCD even when it's sunny.

John Lewis had these on offer recently for £470. I think it's a bargain at the full retail price. Interestingly they haven't had any new stock since selling out. The Ricoh GR lll is expected this year, that is if the past two iteration releases are anything to go by, 2013 (GR) and 2015 (GR ll).

I got this case to go on my belt. Handy for the summer. Still a bit paranoid about putting this camera in my jeans pocket even though it fits!

I do hear good things about this little camera - your photo above is also evidence enough as to its capabilities. :)

Brucciani's, Preston
by Paul Wood, on Flickr

Put a roll of CineStill 50 ISO film through one of my film cameras. If you've never heard of it, CineStill is a motion picture film which has been cut and treated, then put into a 35mm canister for shooting as you normally would. It's not cheap mind at a £10 a roll, but what a lovely film to work with, nice exposure latitude and zero grain.

This is straight of the scanner, with just levels and some dust spotting in Photoshop.

I bought it from zoingimage main stream retailers now stock it, too. Amazon

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Fabulous images Mr P!

Put a roll of CineStill 50 ISO film through one of my film cameras. If you've never heard of it, CineStill is a motion picture film which has been cut and treated, then put into a 35mm canister for shooting as you normally would. It's not cheap mind at a £10 a roll, but what a lovely film to work with, nice exposure latitude and zero grain.

This is straight of the scanner, with just levels and some dust spotting in Photoshop.

I bought it from zoingimage main stream retailers now stock it, too. Amazon

Interesting! Nice image and thanks for the heads up. Might have to try a roll in my F80 at some point :)

Currently in love with good old Kodak Portra:

The Glade by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon F80 / Nikkor 50mm f1.8D / Kodak Portra 400

Lefty

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Lovely Amar. Is that natural vignetting from the lens or do you do something during film/digital processing?

Many thanks Rob - I'm afraid that was done in post. I favour a hybrid workflow for film. Shoot, scan then process. Still getting to grips with it.

What scanner / software do you use?

For the moment, I've settled on: Reflecta Proscan 7200 / Vuescan / Colorperfect plugin.

Lefty

Interesting. I've never shot film. Well I have - it was probably in 1988 with a disposable :)

Ah - for some reason I thought you were a film shooter? I'm just getting back into it myself. Exciting and frustrating all at the same time. I love it :D

Here's another film shot. Absolutely loving the colour rendition of Kodak Portra 400:

The Chair by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon F80 / Nikkor 50mm f1.8D / Kodak Portra 400

Lefty

Blind 1 & 2:

34029102934_5fd4efbfe9_b.jpg

34740857461_36a16e5e95_b.jpg

Thank you Martin. My younger son gave me a book which looks at different approaches to taking photographs. This is my first effort at one of the exercises. I believe he thinks I need some assistance as he takes better photographs than me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back