advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but its must be externally powered, the Streamer can only supply a max of 1.5Amps across ALL of its USB ports.

My music drive has an extrenal power supply, so this isn't a problem.

There are many Linux based media players - I'm keen to try Kodi:-

https://kodi.tv/about

or many others such as Squuezebox, Roon, Volomio etc:-

https://volumio.org/

So I guess I DO need an external monitor? How do I go about installing the media player software? Does it have a standard Linux interface? Do I need to install Linux myself?

You can use a wired USB keyboard and mouse but a wireless keyboard with track pad is more practical - but it MUST have a "USB Receiver dongle" (so your Apple will not work). The dongle plugs into the one of the streamer ports on the rear of the MDAC2.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=112367091491

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=152310207057

Or for simply watching Youtube via the internet browser that works very well :)

Hmmm, this is starting to sound a bit techy (although I'm capable of dealing with this stuff, I love the simplicity of my current set-up e.g. being able to use an Apple remote instead of a keyboard). I really wish Apple would put USB audio output on the AppleTV - that would make it a perfect (and very cheap) streamer. Come to think of it, could I use the AppleTV's HDMI output with the MDAC2?

Sorry the Detox development payment funded the development of the Detox, this has been completed. The prime reason for the streamer funding is to help cover the costs of the PnP machine for in-house production of Streamer / Detox / MDAC2 etc.

No problem - I think I'd be able to sell the Detox at a good price easily, and I may end up using it anyway. So if I want the streamer, what do I have to do?

EDIT: Just read through the rest of the thread. So as I understand it you had a special offer on the streamer that has now been withdrawn? As far as I can tell from reading the thread, I don't think anyone really had a problem with what you were suggesting - I think there was just (very understandable) confusion. After all, this is starting to get complicated - I'm still not sure I have a complete handle on everything myself! Suffice it to say though, I'm still in, and trust you will deliver soon.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
So I guess I DO need an external monitor? How do I go about installing the media player software? Does it have a standard Linux interface? Do I need to install Linux myself?

Hmmm, this is starting to sound a bit techy (although I'm capable of dealing with this stuff, I love the simplicity of my current set-up e.g. being able to use an Apple remote instead of a keyboard). I really wish Apple would put USB audio output on the AppleTV - that would make it a perfect (and very cheap) streamer. Come to think of it, could I use the AppleTV's HDMI output with the MDAC2?
You don't have to fiddle with Linux unless you really want to.
And You don't need a keyboard to control the streamer. Everything can be done from a browser.
Which means that you can use a phone, tablet, laptop, desktop etc. any device that has a browser.
And you do not need a monitor or TV because everything can be controlled from a browser.

Don't think I have said to much. But Munich has made the streamer even more attractive.

"Don't think I have said to much. But Munich has made the streamer even more attractive."

OK you can't just tease like that! More info please

My music drive has an extrenal power supply, so this isn't a problem.

No problem - I think I'd be able to sell the Detox at a good price easily, and I may end up using it anyway. So if I want the streamer, what do I have to do?

EDIT: Just read through the rest of the thread. So as I understand it you had a special offer on the streamer that has now been withdrawn? As far as I can tell from reading the thread, I don't think anyone really had a problem with what you were suggesting - I think there was just (very understandable) confusion. After all, this is starting to get complicated - I'm still not sure I have a complete handle on everything myself! Suffice it to say though, I'm still in, and trust you will deliver soon.

I think you may find that the special offer is still available on request and upon receipt of a private (by email) PayPal button....

4 SMPS's !!

You need a PLYDAC case to hold your MDAC 2 together !!

Apart from that it looks just like my living room :)

Oh and I see Becks make more than beer..

I love a good spat...I wonder what's behing this letter. But I have a feeling Auralic will need to have second thoughts soon....much like May consulting on Social Care policy...I call it a u-turn.:D

North Korea could have done a better job of launching MQA .. it's dead in the water.

North Korea could have done a better job of launching MQA .. it's dead in the water.

With Warner and reportedly Sony, not to mention our very own JW, it's already as success isn't it?.

If time smearing was ever an issue and MQA resolves it, why not?

I always thought it was jitter and filtering that held back digital music, but what do I know (not much...except when I hear a good sound. :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back