advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
An alternative take for the Sunlight theme, a maple tree in our garden:

33791978674_539e8b1e8b_b.jpg

Great shots all round chaps - Mr P, great to see your son taking an interest. Has he got the bug as well?

Richard - precious moments, lovely image :)

John - another cracking image.

Here's one from my first roll of Portra 400 in the F80. I think this may become my 'goto' film. Love the colour rendering and wonderful dynamic range. It's also superb on skin tones :)

Gaia by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon F80 / Nikkor 50mm f1.8D / Kodak Portra 400

Lefty

Mr P, great to see your son taking an interest. Has he got the bug as well?

He's do a media course at college which seems to involve film, animation and photography, he seems quite a deft hand at stills photography, I gave him the X-E2/18-55 to use on Friday, but when he saw the images that I was getting with the X-T2/90mm, he demanded the 90mm (well actually he asked quite nicely), he then proceeded to shoot at F2 only, nailing the focus on most of the shots he took!!

He likes the form factor of the X-E2 (so I have a feeling I know where mine is going to end up!!)

He's do a media course at college which seems to involve film, animation and photography, he seems quite a deft hand at stills photography, I gave him the X-E2/18-55 to use on Friday, but when he saw the images that I was getting with the X-T2/90mm, he demanded the 90mm (well actually he asked quite nicely), he then proceeded to shoot at F2 only, nailing the focus on most of the shots he took!!

He likes the form factor of the X-E2 (so I have a feeling I know where mine is going to end up!!)

Excellent - he has good taste! That's a great lens :D

Went to the Lincoln Grand Prix today - fabulous atmosphere, and some great racing:

Fabulous images, especially that first one!

Lefty

DSCF1299.JPG

Very disappointed with what I saw. This is Brighton & Hove Albion FC parade and I'm still not a footie fan.
Drunken team spilling their beer from the top of the bus and shouting aggressive slogans to the crowd following the buses.
Looked like a right bunch of thugs from my viewpoint.

Great shots all round chaps - Mr P, great to see your son taking an interest. Has he got the bug as well?

Richard - precious moments, lovely image :)

John - another cracking image.

Here's one from my first roll of Portra 400 in the F80. I think this may become my 'goto' film. Love the colour rendering and wonderful dynamic range. It's also superb on skin tones :)

Gaia by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon F80 / Nikkor 50mm f1.8D / Kodak Portra 400

Lefty

Lovely colours and composition! How did you digitise it?
Glad to see you shooting film!

Lovely colours and composition! How did you digitise it?
Glad to see you shooting film!

Thank you :)

I had the negatives scanned by Jessops using their film scanner. (Although I have just bought a film scanner myself which should arrive sometime this week so I can do it myself).

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back