advertisement

R.I.P. Devilears

"There was a man. A good man. Who never let his age matter, who always went out of his way to teach, to help and make you feel at ease. A man to whom few puns were too cringe worthy, a man who loved to laugh. A man who taught his daughters to be strong and how to punch. A man who was married to the same woman for 46 years, through ups and downs. A man who loved music and good food. This man was my dad. David Victor De Villiers died this morning at 05:40. One week before his 71st birthday. His family was with him at the end, we said goodbye and told him we love him, and that of all the things he loved, we know he loved us most."

Caitlin De Villiers.

Beautiful lament for a sad loss.

If I maybe be so bold, you do your Dad a great honour in what you say, he was undoubtedly proud of you all.

RIP

I didn't know David personally but he was obviously a lovely guy, my sympathies to his family & friends RIP.

Sad news. I'd like to think that the resting is now over and that he can get on with his afterlife. In peace.

Have just spotted this and was rather shocked. We exchanged many emails in the early (forum) days, and I remember inviting him onto another forum in its early years but unfortunately during its troubled period.

After a coupe of posts it was 'thanks, Mike, but no thanks'. He had a point ! The South African audio scene is much the poorer and so are we. He was a superb wordsmith among his other abilities and will be sorely missed.

Oh, I've just seen this. Very sad news indeed. My condolences to the De Villiers family. As others have said, Dave was the consumate gent and his loss certainly felt here on PFM.

regards

Rico

Just noticed this. I can't say more than has already been said. My thoughts and condolences to the family.

RIP David

Alister

Commiserations Rodders---Such sadness will happen to us all at least he will join another great

man of Suid Afrika as they enter the Pearly gate together--

RIP Joost van der Westhuizen

D41

I am absolutely saddened by this news ,saddened and angry that I have lost contact with my friend for the past year .
I have been so consumed by work and the continuous struggle to keep my head above the water that my regular chats with him became less and less and eventually to a point where I did not chat with him since last year .

I heard the news today from another good friend Riaan and I immediately felt my heart sink.
I met Dave as a very passionate lover of music, a man who was always younger in his heart than in his actual age .

The age difference between us was big but we formed an incredible bond .
Dave was an absolute gentleman, a man who loved his family ,his music and his friends .
We would visit each other and spin vinyls and discuss the music outside of the equipment .

I am sorry Dave that I did not chat to you often enough .
You will be missed and where you are right now, looking down on us, I know you have that same mischievous smile that you always had, probably laughing because you got me to log in here after many years without having to bend my ear to try and convince me to do so .

Hamba Kahle Devillears .

There is a a very personal book about cancer, life and death that some may want, or need, to read: When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

advertisement

Back