advertisement

What's The Last Bit Of Audio Equipment You Have Bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linn Genki, today, £100. It had an intermittent skipping issue. I stripped it, cleaned and lubricated the mech. Gave the lens a light clean and it's been playing without issue for about six hours. Best sounding CD player I've ever brought for that money, in fact I forgot just how good the Genki was.

Beresford Caiman SEG,DAC. Only had a chance to listen to a few well known fave discs, cold "out of the box" so to speak, with less than ideal cables, well, for me, a truly worthwhile upgrade. Bags more detail, I'm hearing things that just didnt make it through before. Using my trusty Genki as transport, a fine player as it is, but the Caiman moves it up into the next division and some.

Linn Genki, today, £100. It had an intermittent skipping issue. I stripped it, cleaned and lubricated the mech. Gave the lens a light clean and it's been playing without issue for about six hours. Best sounding CD player I've ever brought for that money, in fact I forgot just how good the Genki was.

My girlfriend lived in Japan for a little while and still uses the term genki. I had an old Linn promo t-shirt with Genki on it. This could have been a perfect way to show how cultural (kultural?) I was but the t-shirt was long gone and I could only tell tall tales about it.......

Picked up an AT 150Sa cartridge, a great buy considering it replaced an Ortofon Kontrpunkt C.

Yamaha MC-1s cartridge. Beryllium cantilever matches the drivers in my speakers. Sounding glorious right now. My Yamaha system is complete. :)

Might have to be for sale soon as moving to a smaller house and will probably by a Sonus system because this hifi is just so big according to the better half.

Dark days.

Dark days indeed. A 'Sonos' likely won't cut the mustard. Try some Pi goodness :)

Steve

Disclaimer - I have both a 'Sonos' and a Pi, and cassette, vinyl, cd thingummajigs. The Technics DD t/t has the legs on all of them for pride of ownership.

IMG_4063.jpg

My last four recent purchases (newest first):

1. Goldenjack RCA attenuators (ordered this morning)
2. 2 x 6m Van Damme 4mm UP-LCOFC speaker cables
3. 0.75m pair of Mark Grant G2000HD interconnectors
4. Auralic Altair from a seller in Denmark

My girlfriend lived in Japan for a little while and still uses the term genki. I had an old Linn promo t-shirt with Genki on it. This could have been a perfect way to show how cultural (kultural?) I was but the t-shirt was long gone and I could only tell tall tales about it.......

The meaning of the word Genki describes this player very well. It's been a while since I'd heard one in person but I always rated it highly. I've connected it into my bedroom system (all Linn of course), I'm listening to it right now since my daughter has dominated the living room. Any promo material would be about 17 years old by now, I'm pretty sure these players were introduced in 2000.

BW Broadcast RBRX Encore rebroadcast receiver. Very geeky but its very powerful flexibility is very useful for serious FM DXing.

Just had delivered a pair of these Pioneer s-2ex speakers, best finish on a speaker I have ever seen and if they sound as good as they look then I will quite content.
Not able to connect yet though as I am making up some stands.
D9UXFfVm.jpg
rlxYl8gm.jpg
gFTQ2Hrm.jpg
fS6yhFAm.jpg

Linn Exotik phono pre amp with Dynamik PS. Lovely pre amp, although I'm hankering after the digital version now.

Smsl Sanskrit pro b DAC and linear power supply.

DSD 512 with an ak4490 DAC chip.

£125 for DAC and £50 for PS.

Amazing value for money.

Second hand ag1500 power supply.

Blumenhofer fs2 speakers replaced my Avantgarde UNO Fino's.
Olde Shoppe 'The Truth' Line Stage temporary replacing my Shindo Giscours and Vosne-Romanee preamps .
Coming soon Coco LCR mm Phono Stage with separate power supply.
My TotalDac Dual DAC and Reclocker will now be used in the future for Streaming. (If I ever get that far.)
AcousticPlan Vadi CD Player tubes all replaced with Nos Mullards, RCA's and Tungson's.

One of those super cheap £6 delivered coax/optical DACs off ebay. Nice metal case, nice layout inside, but they skimped on the caps so I filled in the empty bits on the board with some 10v that fit perfectly for the 3.3v section. I just can't help myself from fiddling >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back