advertisement

Almost got arrested today.

I got stopped at gunpoint in the Birkenhead tunnel entry by two coppers cow they thought I had done an armed robbery in Leeds

Took em a while to realise it was cloned plate on my relatively newly delivered lease work car, they said the robbers would have seen the plate in storage facility by looking over the fence

Having a gun pointed at me was fun, started to think I was guilty of something even though I wasnt

Darren

That's not funny. I imagine it wasn't at the time either. I am not comfortable with guns. I went to a shooting range in Vegas and felt very uncomfortable the entire time, if anything I couldn't wait to get out. There were two very attractive girls working there, strapped, obviously. But besides that, all I could see was how out numbered they were.

Well I was warned. Insurance company called today to say I was involved in a crash and left the scene last Tuesday. A largish claim has been submitted to them from a 3rd party apparently. Wonder how this one will pan out then? :rolleyes:

Utter PITH. More time and effort on your part, and always that nagging doubt that this damn thing could run for ages yet.

Hope somebody sees sense, and this gets done and dusted sooner rather than later for you Kenny.

Cheers Alan for that, appreciated. I've told the bloke in the claims dept. I'll not be jumping through hoops for anyone other than telling them exactly what the situation is.

I've given him the crime number from the initial police visit, it now appears the car crashed around the time the officers were at our house.

I've also said the easiest thing is for the one's making the claim to come and view my car to see if it has been in any accident.

He understood and agreed it should be sorted with no more hassles heading my way.

As I say we'll see how this unfolds.

A few years ago I had CID come around because a car that I used to own (and I'd swapped) was used in an armed robbery where the weapon was discharged; luckily no one was hurt.

It turns out that the guy I swapped the car with didn't change the documents and decided to do the robbery with a friend of his anyway. Queue police chase, helicopter, capture and prison.

advertisement

Back