advertisement

Naim SBLs active with teddy dac-vc and monos

sonix

pfm Member
Can how can I run SBLs in active configuration in a TeddyDAC-VC --> Teddy MB100 monoblocks setup? I'm not clear how the NAXO (or similar) would be connected and whether I need I preamp?

Bit of a suck and see I think.

I tried connecting my BM Dac directly to the Snaxo, bypassing the pre amp, and it really didn't work at all well. This was a little unfortunate since If it had done my 82 could possibly have been retired.

In principle you should just be able to connect the DAC to the NAXO in place of the pre, but it didn't work for me!

Best advice I can give is to send an email to Teddy.

The best pair of SBLs I have heard were driven by MB100s. An active 4 pack could be something a bit special. I hope you get this sorted out as I would like to know what you think of the Teddy / Naim combo.

Thanks I might send him a message at some point. I was thinking of just using the 2 existing monos but will I actually need 4?

Can how can I run SBLs in active configuration in a TeddyDAC-VC --> Teddy MB100 monoblocks setup? I'm not clear how the NAXO (or similar) would be connected and whether I need I preamp?

I run active SL2 off 4xMB100 monoblocks/Snaxo/DAC-VC.

Teddy supplied cables that connected the DAC-VC to the Snaxo.

Sounds great and I prefer it to the 4x135 that I used before.

Thanks Bhamer. I've got a DTC. So I could use this to power a NAXO, get the Teddy cables to connect to the DAC-VC and the monos x 2?

Yes Teddy supplied all the cables I needed to fit the Snaxo into both the DAC and the amps.
The cables are on his site but I suggest you ask Teddy if you are unsure as he is responsive and extremely helpful.

I've run a Teddy DAC-VC straight to 2xST60s then SBLs via a SNAXO (powered by a TC copy) and it works fine. Others have said that this set-up generally sounds better with a pre in the circuit but I haven't done a direct comparison to be honest as I currently need my pre (also a NAC82) to play vinyl.

Yes, you need the appropriate cables and I agree that Teddy is very helpful with any queries.

I would imagine 4xMB100s will sound fantastic !

CHE

I recently went from PR1/MB100 to active with PR1/Snaxo 242/ST60 into SL2. Sounds great. Teddy supplied all the cables. Highly recommend it. There area a lot of boxes and cables however. Next up is a Teddy Supercap for the 242 so my Teddycap will be in the classifieds shortly. Then I think I'm done for quite a while.

advertisement

Back