advertisement

What are you listening to right now #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink Floyd AMLOR remaster
Aaron Copland, Appalachian Spring/Billy the Kid, Dorati, remaster from Speakers Corner,
Isaac Hayes, To be Continued,
War of the Worlds,
John Martyn, Grace and Danger.

Me too ... Yes - Tales... on old vinyl - must have bought this in the '70s

And Laure Anderson - Big Science also vinyl. Sounding really good. Not played it for years.

Art Pepper - Living Legend. Just picked up a copy of the vinyl from Amazon.

Recorded in 1975, this was Art's first album in 15 years and my goodness he lost none of the skill and passion that flowed in abundance on the earlier albums like Meets The Rhythm Section.

Warmly recommended on vinyl if you are a jazz lover!

Half-Speed mastered re release of Back To Black (A Winehouse) on record.

It is a different beast.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - The complete 1978 radio broadcasts.
15 CD box set - I'm currently listening to The Roxy show, Jul 7th (CD 1-3). An amazing show:)

Telefon Tel Aviv - 'Fahrenheit Fair Enough' (2016 Reissue LP)

Bought this before Xmas from the U.S only opened it today, sounds excellent....Lovely quiet surfaces, flat as a pancake and on gorgeous sky blue vinyl - Wonderful!

I've been working my way through a stack of LPs I picked up that used to belong to my Dad.

There's a ton of stuff there that I'd usually never give a second glance to, however after playing them I'm quite surprised at what I'm discovering.

This weeks favourites include:

• Family | Family Entertainment (wasn't sure at first but this has really grown on me) - very decent psych/rock

• Aum | Bluesvibes - great blues/psych stuff

• Blood, Sweat & Tears | New Blood - a sort of jazz/R&B/rock fusion

1981_scientist-scientist_meets_the_space_invaders.jpg

Awesome slice of dub.

Half-Speed mastered re release of Back To Black (A Winehouse) on record.

It is a different beast.

What have they done to it? I got the impression that the original recording was not that great. The CD was worsened by too much compression/limiting and truly awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back