advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also that one thing you wanted to do in the FPGA that could quite possibly make all the difference. :) If done right. Look at how praised Chord Mojo is ...

The new Hyperstream II modulators from ESS are stunning for sure we can do more with the FDAC + FPGA, but Hyperstream II and our custom filters IMO make the Mojo non relevant.

If your looking for a non battery power unit sonically more advanced then the Mojo then I recommend waiting a couple of months for the "L3 Little DAC*

*wait what am I saying :) you will be getting one of the little DAC's with the streamer PCB for our XMOS solution testing in a couple of weeks :)

Ella's next to me on the lab bench working on a "dried pigs ear" she got for Christmas (wonderful) Bobbys sleeping next to his - while I'm testing the latest Detox Crystal samples...

Hopefully you will find time to visit in the new year - your always welcome, you know where and how it is here :)

Ella's next to me on the lab bench working on a "dried pigs ear" she got for Christmas (wonderful) Bobbys sleeping next to his - while I'm testing the latest Detox Crystal samples...

Hopefully you will find time to visit in the new year - your always welcome, you know where and how it is here :)

John, I recall you once professing to be a workaholic...but this is ridiculous!! Take a day off over Christmas at the very least!!! 8-/

I seem that native DSD is on it way for XMOS USB.
https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd
That's someone's custom downstream repository with RPM packaging, not something we could/should use - none of the patches there have been added to the upstream, as far as I can see. The linux kernel and related ALSA libs have had native DSD support since ~2013 and all we need to do is to add vendor:device USB IDs to a specific place in the kernel source, along with proper pcm format spec.

This would ideally be autodetected, but there's no standard way / no reserved bits in UAC saying "set 1 to indicate DSD support".

I have recently decided to replace my Windows 10 music server with a Raspberry Pi 3 which I installed MoOde Audio 3.1 on, and connected to my M-DAC via USB and it is the best digital source I have had so far. Love this combination :)

John will MDAC2 stage 1 have AV bypass? If so then I would like one with PSU please.

Thanks

Nick,

AV bypass is available as an option on Stg1/2/4 MDAC2 but not on Stg 3 (ADC) as the connectors share the same rear panel space.

I have recently decided to replace my Windows 10 music server with a Raspberry Pi 3 which I installed MoOde Audio 3.1 on, and connected to my M-DAC via USB and it is the best digital source I have had so far. Love this combination :)

I believe that the CM3 will make a nice "streamer" solution for MDAC2 - lets see how it goes, ideally I'd like to use CM3 on FDAC, its a shame about the shared HDMI / RGB LCD interface and peripheral USB Host port...

+PSU, obviously.

:) understood - obviously all MDAC'2 will be shipped with the HQ external PSU, for its build quality its a bargain :)

We should have the VR CNC chassis here in the next week (Christmas shut down here in Europe scrabbling the shipping time) - we are really looking forward to seeing it!

Greetings to all from Chorley, Lancashire and, in particular, John and Renata.

Thank you for all your hard work John.

Merry Christmas.

Roger.

Roger,

Always great to hear from you - Renata and I are sending you our season greetings from a rather damp Czech Rep. :)

Hopefully we will get a chnace to meet in 2017...

John, I recall you once professing to be a workaholic...but this is ridiculous!! Take a day off over Christmas at the very least!!! 8-/

Not feeling much Christmas cheer here I'm afraid, under too much pressure (ultimately self inflicted) to get the projects completed - but I promise myself that next year it will be different. I just feel bad for dearest Renata - why she puts up with me I'll never know!

February the 4th is a big date for us - as some might know we have been having "personal" problems with the village Mayor (Female) on the account that Renata's sister has been having an affair with the Mayors husband for the last 25 years (since she was 15!!!) - and he's much older...

Needless to say the Mayor has been abusing her position of power to persecute the innocent members of the family... (some would say understandably) - but I'm very proud of Renata as she has stood up against this authoritative power abuse and instigated the local opposition cancellers to resign which has forced a midterm re-election on February the 4th! Anyone who has met Renata will tell you she's the kindest and gentlest person you could ever hope to meet, and its certainly not in her nature to take such a position.

The Mayor has been in power since the village separated from the local town and the local opposition has become disillusioned over time, ineffective and disorganised - so through Renata's instigation they have become far more professional... So Feb 4th is our best chance in years to change the current climate.... the hardest part it to get people to care about local government... Renata's on the election bill, but due to her Master studys does not want a senior position, although almost everyone we meet says she should become Mayor!

Still, atleast it keeps Renata busy while I beaver away here and puts some "excitement" into our lives - not sure it its the best kind... but what can one do under the circumstances :) ...

Hi John, just to clarify, if I want an M-DAC 2, and later an F-DAC, will my current F-DAC development costs cover both? Or will I need two sets of devopment costs, one for the M-DAC followed by the existing one for the F-DAC?

Thanks, and apologies for the rather simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back