advertisement

DIY Power Bar / Extension Block

Rallye_punk

pfm Member
I currently own a 4 way Russ Andrews 'silencer' extension block which has served me well over the years. In a nutshell, I now need an 8 way version but am loathed to pay circa £200 for one (got the first one cheap on eBay).

What I would like to know is does anyone know where RA source their aluminium enclosures for their extension blocks, as they look to be fairly simple in theory and just badged up and marked up accordingly. I can't think they are exotic! I think it would be fairly simple to replicate a well made and aesthetically pleasing solution. OR, if anyone has alternative suggestions as to what they think would work well, that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: Looking for one without an in built cable so I can use a decent cable from wall socket to the ext. block, thanks!

Surely you could get the same effect from plugging a 5 way extension lead into your 4 way... RS and Farnell sell metal clad extension leads, and it was easy to replace the cable on my RS one.

+ another one for Olson. If it helps, a few days ago I asked them for a price for a 6 gang individually switched one and it came out as £58 +VAT + £12 carriage.

advertisement

Back