advertisement

Are you going to watch The Grand Tour (Top Gear 2)

Are you going to watch "The Grand Tour"

• Yes

Votes: 54 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 46.7%
  • I'll watch it but will say "No"

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I'm just going to post about how much I hate Clarkson

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters
Assuming it's more of the same (and it looks like it), no. The cars are sometimes interesting, but I find the threesome wearing after a while. When we finally got the BBC in our Alpine fastness (previously I only knew the show from YouTube clips, and it seemed interesting), I found I couldn't watch a full show.

I noticed it a while back on Amazon Prime, but I've not bothered watching it yet. I may have a look some time as I'm curious to see if the production values have taken a huge dip (say whatever you like about the presenters and plots, TG was always stunningly well shot and edited).

I noticed it a while back on Amazon Prime, but I've not bothered watching it yet. I may have a look some time as I'm curious to see if the production values have taken a huge dip (say whatever you like about the presenters and plots, TG was always stunningly well shot and edited).

I doubt it, the team shooting it is the same as old TG and Amazon have thrown a shit load of money at it. I am predicting the best looking TV in 2016, I have a friend on the crew ;-)

Well I always found the old one entertaining (or at least having it's moments) and as Tony says, the production and photography were often superb so yes will definitely be giving it a go. Like everything TV related it either hits the spot or it doesn't and we'll take it from there!

I will be watching. I loved most of the shows on BBC, and trust that the team will be doing their utmost to make it great entertainment on Amazon. This is probably going to be a defining moment in television, and all because someone didn't have a hot dinner!

Naaah. I'd watch the Great British Bake-Off if it was presented by these three, and a car show presented by Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood and Mel & Sue.

Yes, Clarkson said moving to Amazon was like moving from a bi-plane to a space ship. Will the technology that he refers to add or take away....if they just took away the celeb PR crap in the rubbish car and did less of us watching another supercar get timed around a track, it will be welcome progress.

He's probably referring to the grub!

I voted no, but never much watched the old one, despite being entertained by it on the occasions I did. I'll be interested to see how it does. Not impressed by the trail tbh.

I doubt it, the team shooting it is the same as old TG and Amazon have thrown a shit load of money at it. I am predicting the best looking TV in 2016, I have a friend on the crew ;-)
AIUI it is filmed in 4K with the same production values as before. If so it will look very good ... and be the same idiots doing what you either love (or hate!) them doing.

The "so which arm is broken?" quip made me laugh and shows a) how immature I am, and b) that the BBC version will never capture the synergy of the original presenters. Having said that I'm looking forward to the new BBC TG sans the ginger pillock. If MLB can relax a bit more in the studio it could be good viewing.

Yes, Clarkson said moving to Amazon was like moving from a bi-plane to a space ship. Will the technology that he refers to add or take away....if they just took away the celeb PR crap in the rubbish car and did less of us watching another supercar get timed around a track, it will be welcome progress.

Then all that would be left are the pointless staged travelogues. Or the bants filled news. I quite enjoyed it before and I quite enjoyed the current BBC one. I don't have prime and don't fancy paying for it so I'll survive without it.

Not really. The review of the car before it pointlessly goes round the circuit is interesting. The news is OK. The capers that thread through the program are OK. The banter between features is OK.

That's 3 or 4 things out of 5. I'm sure if you paid me enough I could come up with something interesting to fill the gaps: accessories, tuning, motorbikes, events, classic cars. There's plenty of stuff I'd rather see than the a celeb trying to sell their latest whatever. Or a car racing round the same circuit for the last 20 years. That celeb part of the show goes on for up to 18 minutes.

Would I pay to watch a car series featuring a trio of prattling racists, funded by a company whose wage slaves ripped off my RAM after I bought it?

No.

Jack

advertisement

Back