advertisement

Can you loan me a Hi-Cap

YNWOAN

100% Analogue
I realise this a bit of a big ask but I would like to borrow a chrome bumper or olive era Naim Hi-Cap - I'll explain :).

Kit Ryan, maker of the Ryan Sound Lab upgrade boards for the shoe box range of Naim pre-amps, has developed a new 'drop in' regulator circuit for the Hi-Cap and has sent me one for evaluation. Now whilst I do own a Hi-Cap I really want to fit this board to another Hi-Cap and A/B compare the two - hence I really need a second Hi-Cap. I guarantee no harm of any kind would come to your equipment and you would receive it back in identical condition to that delivered. Ideally you would live within visiting distance of Sheffield centre (S11) as you would then be able to hear the differences yourself and contribute to the assessment.

If you could help with this or have any questions please PM me - many thanks :).

The new RSL board:

Hi
I have a spare Hicap, however I live on the south coast. Not so easy to get it to you.
Bearing in mind the good results so many have had with the RSL boards perhaps there is someone closer with a spare, so this interesting project can go ahead.
John

Thanks John and thank you for the offer :). As you say though, someone a little close would be better.

I have an olive one not being used at the mo while we're getting stuff done to the sitting room. I'm near Ludlow.

Oh, thanks Simeon :). A friend who lives out Manchester way has also contacted me as he also has one. I'll have to do a bit of juggling with my timetable to see what works best - will let you know if that's OK?

Great project, I wonder if time permits comparing to other power supplies as well. If I was closer you would have my teddy cap in an instant. Interested to hear the assessment panels verdict. Enjoy

advertisement

Back