advertisement

wigwam new look

graystoke4

pfm Member
hi, not been online for about a week went on wigwam and they have a whole new look,my first thought's were a bit swish,,i know a new format of anything takes some time to get used to BUT, if you just go on any page by a wammer they give you so much space that just a one liner off someone, takes nearly a whole screen on my laptop ,so you are forever scrolling down ,not good, far to much space is given to each post,

sorry if this has been on before :rolleyes:

this new look is NOT for me,,

Off topic and best said on the Wigwam don't you think?

Graystoke I agree and have said so on the Wam. Perhaps others can too. There is nothing gained saying it here

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' applies here. Everything seems expanded to include minutiae that for me loses cohesion. S'pose I'll get used it, but the old one was more complicated than pfm. and now it looks like a maze (but a mazing it isn't !)

I'm locked out for the moment. Why do they have to keep f up king about like this? Never have any of this crap on good old PFM.

I think they are trying to replicate the look of that other forum where the disgruntled nutters moved to:D

The Vbulletin software the old one was built on, was insecure, out-dated, full of bugs and unsupported. It was inevitable for the ongoing usability and reliability that things would have to change...... it is a huge improvement IMO, and the reactive design makes it easy to use regardless of platform, and consigns the likes of Tapatalk and Forum Runner for mobiles to the dustbin (which is where they should be in this day and age).

I suspect eventually some change to PFM will eventually have to happen for similar reasons...........

I think they are trying to replicate the look of that other forum where the disgruntled nutters moved to:D

Nope, completely different platform. But inevitability, with modern platforms you'll find a similar aesthetic and features

The Vbulletin software the old one was built on, was insecure, out-dated, full of bugs and unsupported. It was inevitable for the ongoing usability and reliability that things would have to change...... it is a huge improvement IMO, and the reactive design makes it easy to use regardless of platform, and consigns the likes of Tapatalk and Forum Runner for mobiles to the dustbin (which is where they should be in this day and age).

I suspect eventually some change to PFM will eventually have to happen for similar reasons...........
I bloody hope not.
PFM is easy to navigate, not broken so doesn't need fixing.
I hate moving avatars.:mad:

Indeed. It desperately needs doing, pfm is running far older software than WigWam was, I'm just too much of a coward to embark on the upgrade at present. When I do get to it I'll be migrating to XenForo, so it will look and feel fairly similar to the Steve Hoffman forum if anyone uses that.

Apart from the new look, the banned list was erased apparently, which might elicit some feline interest...

Indeed. It desperately needs doing, pfm is running far older software than WigWam was, I'm just too much of a coward to embark on the upgrade at present. When I do get to it I'll be migrating to XenForo, so it will look and feel fairly similar to the Steve Hoffman forum if anyone uses that.
Cosmic.
Loads of yanks that wouldn't know a good vinyl pressing if it hit them in the face.:D

You are very wrong there, there is a remarkable level of knowledge on the Steve Hoffman forum. It's the only forum I really bother with outside of pfm to be honest.

advertisement

Back