advertisement

Amy Winehouse

Just watched it. A naturally talented but troubled girl. It's such a pity she had a father that seen her as a commodity, not a daughter, as if she had been better protected from herself and the crazy environment she found herself trapped in, she may have pulled through, though I'm not sure she'd have ever found happiness and contentment. Maybe, but we'll never know.

My niece was at school with Amy - she said Amy was a bully. It does not stop me liking her music, I was an early adopter of 'Frank' and we saw her at Rock City pre Back To Black. Her performance was awful.
I still play 'Frank' as a whole album/listen regularly, and Back To Black now and again. I could have done with another 3 albums before she kicked the bucket. Heigh Ho.

She was at work when she was being interviewed. I am sure you have different sides when at home relaxing and at work with a confrontational "customer".

I doubt she was able to compartmentalise her life that well and even less likely when she was mashed.

watch the amy winehouse in dingle church programme on youtube. she was at the peak of her powers at that time.

Rgds
Stuart

Aren't the songs a bit too instant? The sound all a bit too familiar?

All that is left that is interesting about her is her rise and fall.

I put Frank on and its just fine for some late night listening.

Ive had it recorded on minidisc for ages without really playing it.

Its alright. What more can I say?

That was nice. Ive been harsh and unfair so Ive pulled my earlier comments.

I just never crossed paths with her music until shortly before her death. Im only just getting a grip now. She puts on a good show and she certainly knows about the great singers that have influenced her

Wonderful singer when she "felt" what she was singing - and an amusing girl also.
I watched her singing on 2 occasions, one I'd rather forget, but the other was one of these "touched my soul" experiences.

I watched it and yes she was on great form.

The chap at the start was great craic on it. He made Dingle sound like some mystical place out of The Lord of The Rings or somewhere :D

2m 30s

Must be her best ever performance,I recorded it the night it went out &. have the recording on Keep on my Sky box!

Last edited by a moderator:

advertisement

Back