advertisement

What's going to be your first purchase of 2016?

Fully built veneered Little British Monitor will be arriving at the end of January. Later this Spring, I will build a DIY FirstWatt F4 power amp. I will have all the parts for this rather soon.

Fully built veneered Little British Monitor will be arriving at the end of January. Later this Spring, I will build a DIY FirstWatt F4 power amp. I will have all the parts for this rather soon.

Do you have a preamp that will swing full output voltage? The F4 is a buffer only with no forward gain.

I took delivery of my new headphone amp on New Year's Day, how's that for starting early in 2016 ;) It's truly magnificent driving my HD800's.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/ear.htm

It's the final piece of the puzzle on my hifi journey. I've tried to better the rest of my system but everything I've tried hasn't improved upon what I have. I'm finally in my hifi happy place after 25 years of box swapping :)

I may try a few tweaks in 2016 though (support feet etc) ;)

Auralic Aries Mini arriving in a few days. Not expecting it to be hugely better than the laptop presently doing duty, but I will be able to remotely control Tidal. Don't imagine there will be any other changes, but who knows what the future holds as a wise guy used to say.

You might be pleasantly surprised.......

Do you have a preamp that will swing full output voltage? The F4 is a buffer only with no forward gain.

I will use it with a VAS BA-2 "front end" module which will make it a "liberated" F4 (or "crippled" F4 as some DIYAudio members call it). I prefer the first term.

Maybe a new amp, either a Hegel H80 or a Rega Elex-R or Elicit-R and possibly a new phono stage or DAC ( depending on the amp).

My baby girl is starting to walk, so seriously thinking of replacing my Rega RS3 speakers for some standmounters like SCM11 later if funds allow and all goes well. The Rega are very light and I'm seeing them being knocked down quite easily.

:eek:
I took delivery of my new headphone amp on New Year's Day, how's that for starting early in 2016 ;) It's truly magnificent driving my HD800's.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/ear.htm

It's the final piece of the puzzle on my hifi journey. I've tried to better the rest of my system but everything I've tried hasn't improved upon what I have. I'm finally in my hifi happy place after 25 years of box swapping :)

I may try a few tweaks in 2016 though (support feet etc) ;)

What's the UK price?
Holy sh*t, I just looked :eek:

^This^

Years ago, I used to have Kan 2 stands under my Merlins (same box as Sapphires) and the SL24's were a very decent improvement. Makes the Royds shout less, but boogie just the same if not more. Excellent stands, and with only 3 'legs' are a piece of cake to level/stabilise too. :)

You chaps were right, after an hours listening with the Kan stands in place i cant take anymore, took the life right out of the Royds, a bit gutted as love the look.
SL24's it will be. :D

A pair of Harbeth P3-ESRs.

I sold a pair about a year ago to finance something else, which didn't quite work out.
Fortunately some of the monies have returned, hence the purchase.

I love my LS3/5as, but to my ears the 'ESRs are the best small speakers
I ever owned.

A pair of Mr Speakers Ether headphones - ordered. Heard them in Sept and the itch wouldn't go away. Doh.

sl1210-4x3.jpg

advertisement

Back