advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with the original MDAC's Toslinks is that after some (un)plugging the cables don't sit tight anymore; when I rummage behind the setup I invariable dislocate the cable which then makes it worse. Used some tape to keep them in now :-(

I sold my mdac, preamplifier and poweramplifier and bought a naim superuniti...really happy with it!

I am still on the fdac project, i can use the fdac in a second system.....also i really would like to compare the fdac with a poweramplifier against the naim superuniti.

Just listened to a very interesting programme on Radio 4 called Compression vs Art. Might be available on the iplayer, worth a listen.

A few people have already paid ahead for the L3 version so this is recorded, Also if you have mentioned your build level to Renata in Email contacts then a note is added to the spreadsheet - otherwise we plan to confirm the FDAC build level (and options) when its comes to the production payments.
Not read all the posts yet but what is the upfront cost for the L3 version without phono inputs

For those without a salvaged unit we also need to factor the FWC Chassis (GBP280 + VAT + Shipping).

What does this mean? So in my case i don't have a mdac anymore, i paid 300gbp dev cost , i have to pay 100gbp + gbp280 + unit at cost + shipping + tax for fdac lite? Am i correct?

The FDAC lite will have a cnc milled chassis. Hopefully it will cost less than the FWC.

But yes, for a FDAC lite you'll have to pay another GBP100 development cost.

For the unit itself:
GBP250 PCB
GBPXXX Chassis (unknown yet)
plus shipping, duty, vat.

Please note that the component costs are not final.

Hi John,

I've been experimenting with MDAC digital outputs and have a problem.

I have connected Squeezebox Touch to MDAC and MDAC's digital output to another DAC, which displays correctly data width (16/24bit) and rate (44.1kHz etc), but does not output any audio.

I have tried USB/Opt/Coax between Squeezbox <-> MDAC and Opt/Coax between MDAC <-> other DAC, but there's no difference. MDAC gets the data stream from Squeezebox alright. When connected directly to Squeezebox, the other DAC also gets the data stream from Squeezebox alright and outputs audio.

Firmware version is A.10 and digital output selection in the menu is set to S/PDIF for Coax and Optical.

Hi John,

I've been experimenting with MDAC digital outputs and have a problem.

I have connected Squeezebox Touch to MDAC and MDAC's digital output to another DAC, which displays correctly data width (16/24bit) and rate (44.1kHz etc), but does not output any audio.

I have tried USB/Opt/Coax between Squeezbox <-> MDAC and Opt/Coax between MDAC <-> other DAC, but there's no difference. MDAC gets the data stream from Squeezebox alright. When connected directly to Squeezebox, the other DAC also gets the data stream from Squeezebox alright and outputs audio.

Firmware version is A.10 and digital output selection in the menu is set to S/PDIF for Coax and Optical.

Jarip - revert to A08 should resolve the issue.

John is it too late for me to make an initial payment to buy the FDAC when completed.
At present I have an 8200CDQ which I want to replace with the FDAC.
So I would need CD player which I assume is built into the FDAC.
I would also need two co axial inputs and one optical for other items plus one analogue input for a tuner.
I assume the L3 version is what I need to cover this.
What is the height of the unit expected to be as I do not have much space.
Of course all these questions are irrevelant if it is too late to buy in. I only discovered the FDAC a few days ago so am a bit late to the party.
If I can join where should I make the initial payment and how much.
Wanted to send a PM but your box is full
Thank you

Hi could some explain to me what the detox and is it something that must be purchased. Sorry but I am not that technical on electronics

John is it too late for me to make an initial payment to buy the FDAC when completed.
At present I have an 8200CDQ which I want to replace with the FDAC.
So I would need CD player which I assume is built into the FDAC.
I would also need two co axial inputs and one optical for other items plus one analogue input for a tuner.
I assume the L3 version is what I need to cover this.
What is the height of the unit expected to be as I do not have much space.
Of course all these questions are irrevelant if it is too late to buy in. I only discovered the FDAC a few days ago so am a bit late to the party.
If I can join where should I make the initial payment and how much.
Wanted to send a PM but your box is full
Thank you

Coll,

Yes we would warmly your welcome to join our FDAC Project - but please understand production is scheduled for May / June - with all units delivered by July.

The FDAC L3 has Analogue inputs & plenty of Digital IO.

Initial payment is GBP400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back