advertisement

What's going to be your first purchase of 2016?

neilo7

One day I'll stop upgrading
I've just made my first hifi related purchase of 2016 and upgraded to Blacklink speaker cable. Is anything on your wish list for 2016?

A new cartridge. Probably an Ortofon 2m black, but I shall try to audition some moving coils around £1k to see if the extra outlay will bring any benefits. Having trashed the cantilever of a high end Ortofon mc in the past I'm a bit wary of doing the same again.

Only things I'm likely to spend out on this year are a Lingo service, and a new Ortofon Cadenza Blue (or, more accurately, get it refurbed at Ortofon; as that'll be about half the cost).

Cheap headamp perhaps.
Hopefully I will sell more hi-fi in 2016 than buy. We'll see about that.

With any luck this will be the year I kick Naim electronics to the curb.

A nice big pair of Genelecs with room correction. Hopefully the Noble Audio K10 which i'm itching to hear against my Shure 846.

Some Jantzen Wax Coils for my crossovers. Just to see if fancy inductors are a waste of money.

Linn Kan mk2 stands for my Royd Sapphires which will soon be with me, & then a half decent TT, Linn Axis maybe.

Nearly forgot i have a Teac UD-H0I on the way, Richer sounds selling them off for £99 :)

advertisement

Back