advertisement

New Seiko Retro Range

That has a 70s aesthetic that reminds me of Blue Stratos, Denim, Hi-Karate, Ford Capri and the lady loving milk tray. Rolexi have the same impact on me as well.

I did like the (suitably music themed) Coltrane Oris...

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/2014-best-watch-tribute-jazz-legend-oris-john-coltrane-limited-edition/

Oris-John-Coltrane-Limited-Edition-8.jpg

That Seiko is very nice. Looks a very distant cousin to the Autavia cases.

I think it would look better with a simple brushed finish instead of the brushed/polished mix.

Blimey, that's cheaper than I expected.

That Seiko looks great!

Seems to be available for about a hundred quid on Ebay - you can barely service an automatic watch for that.

Is it only me who feels the outside ring is too wide leaving the active face rather small? Looks out of proportion to me, compared to my 1987 Seiko 5 Auto which is still my daily wearer (with some help from the wonderful boys at Time Restoration, Hove).

Was looking at the seiko myself only this morning.
Quite fancy one and its a great price.
Like the Oris also and it could be mates with my big crown.

Terrible situation, could be hemorrhaging cash.

The seiko price hints at the money made, and spent on adverts and retail margins , in the watch business. It would be interesting to compare seiko's set up with say omega.

Btw that Oris looks like vintage omega dress watch style that can had for the price of a few new seiko's

Good shout. I like a Seiko. Great value. It is priced as an impulse buy so the movement isn't the best. Nice looking too. I don't always agree that retro is good, you need to have courage in your own taste and try to move things forward. I just hope they introduce a bell alarm model.

Seiko make great value watches. I've got 3, an Orange Monster, a seiko 5, and a Grand Seiko. Love them all. The one at the top of the page is also tempting me and it seems to have a blue model as well, SNKN01

14868115482_9333b2633a_b.jpg

Seiko make great value watches. I've got 3, an Orange Monster, a seiko 5, and a Grand Seiko. Love them all. The one at the top of the page is also tempting me and it seems to have a blue model as well, SNKN01

14868115482_9333b2633a_b.jpg

I am sure someone will moan about you having a Monster and not diving with it. I think they look great. Offer fantastic value and are as invalid as having a sporty car in a county with a 70mph speed limit. Why not have one? Good on you.

As an aside, how is the Grand? Has it got that uber watch feel?

The Seiko landed in my Christmas stocking yesterday.
Feeling very happy, particularly as the wife only caught a glance of me looking at the watch and organised a DHL from LA to UK.

jonathan.

the chap "modelling" the oris watch obviously trims his arm hair (notice the blunt edges). that is like so disgusting.

vuk.

advertisement

Back