advertisement

What's happened to Mark Grant Cables? And a good alternative?

Bigbobby666

pfm Member
How come Mark Grant has stopped doing all but the most expensive phono cables? I just went to get 2x 3meter cables to attach a pair of active speakers!

Can anyone suggest equally good and similarly cheap alternatives?

From his website: 'Analogue audio cables available in stereo pairs. More products will be added soon as we move products from our old website.' Maybe you could call or just wait.

I emailed him after the web site change about the lack of standard products but got no reply.

Perhaps he has made his pot and moved on. Shame really

Just call Mark Grant, I use Van Damme speaker cable supplied and made up by him, he has recently done a pair for a mate.

Great bloke to deal with.

What's the general opinion on Mark Grant cables?

They're new to me - only came across them when looking for "sensibly-priced" mains cables with slim IEC and Schuko plugs for my Devialet D200. They advertise a "Black Series Schuko DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cable" for £65 which sounds good 'cos I'm not a cable junkie.

Very well made no nonsense cables. And very good service.

+2

Always best to call him, I always end up having a little chat with him too. Sometimes he is closed if on holiday, after all he is a one man show and he has to have a holiday. :)

Mark Grant is indeed a top bloke to deal with and I have no hesitation in recommending him. However I think the cable the OP is referring to is the transparent jacketed coax that he used to do with a whole range of plugs - it doesn't look like he sells this any more. I know that this cable was custom made for him and I guess he has sold out and, for one reason or another, has not restocked.

Ordered speaker cable from Mark this week, also asked for some advice via email. Very quick delivery of the cable and the advice reply was almost instant.

Mark Grant is indeed a top bloke to deal with and I have no hesitation in recommending him. However I think the cable the OP is referring to is the transparent jacketed coax that he used to do with a whole range of plugs - it doesn't look like he sells this any more. I know that this cable was custom made for him and I guess he has sold out and, for one reason or another, has not restocked.

Yup... That's exactly the stuff I was on about!

Another vote for Mark Grant.

Purchased speaker cables early this year. Beautifully assembled and terminated. Exactly as ordered. Prompt delivery.

What else could you want?

Mull

Bigbobby, there is a Mogami coax in the Classifieds. This would be a good alternative (if it has the right plugs and length for you).

advertisement

Back