advertisement

Linn 24-bits of Christmas

Thank you for the link. I haven't had an e-mail from Linn, and was wondering if they were doing this again this year.
As for playing them, I download them, transfer them to the NAS and play them via the Oppo or the Cambridge NP30. Computer and USB (HiFace ?) out to a DAC would work equally well.

They sound good. Pity the music is the worst kind of obscure hurdy gurdy celtic choral shite imaginable.

All available at Linn's 'triple everybody's else's price' point :)

Burn them to DVD-A with an appropriate Cirlinca programme. Play with a legacy heavywight DVD player like a Denon 2900 - there are several others also with exemplary audio performance - many of which come up on ebay for £100ish.

I'm listening to Tommy in 24/96 at the moment, sounds bloody marvelous.

Linn Records; Mmmmm - I suspect you will be condemning yourself to non-stop Claire Martin, with some Carol Kidd, Joe Stilgoe and Martin Taylor thrown in just to ensure complete, teeth-gnashing, screaming insanity by Boxing Day.

Last year I religiously downloaded the latest track every day and then at the end they made them all available at once! I'm not sure I can be bothered this year. Some is good, the majority is average, some is awful and because they are just random tracks nothing is worth listening to more than one time anyway.

Linn Records; Mmmmm - I suspect you will be condemning yourself to non-stop Claire Martin, with some Carol Kidd, Joe Stilgoe and Martin Taylor thrown in just to ensure complete, teeth-gnashing, screaming insanity by Boxing Day.

Or you could listen to the Dunedin Consort's Bach Magnificat and Christmas Cantata.

undeniably compelling...the organ preluding engineers an undeniable theatricality - especially when Butt's magisterial account of the Magnificat fugue yields without pause to the quivering, ecstatic joy of BWV 243a's opening chorus. BBC Music Magazine

advertisement

Back