advertisement

WEST LANCS BAKEOFF/GET TOGETHER....16/01/16

Take5

pfm Member
Per Title.

I live about 12 minutes from jct 26 of the M6. 3 mins from jct 3 of M58. Out in the sticks, but nearest place is Rainford. Im close to the Rainford By-Pass

Im afraid I cant offer sleepovers to anyone, but folks can attend any time between 10am ish and 8pm ish. Drop in for as little or long as you want.

Snack lunch, then a curry in early evening. If not many folks come along, Ill make a curry. If lots, then its a carry out from a local, very nice, Indian restaurant.

Access is very easy and you can drive right up to the front door, unload your kit, then go and park elsewhere. Plenty of parking available on the drive or on the road.

There will be 4 rooms cleared and available to use, swap kit in and out etc.
In order to not have unused kit lying around waiting to be damaged, there will also be another room just for safe storage.

Kitwise, bring anything you want and it will hopefully all get an airing. The more kit, the better.

I have had many great Bake Offs at my house via Wigwam. The last couple had close on 40 people each time, and were great fun in both Hi Fi and Social terms.
We had 4 rooms going, each blasting away. Lots of lovely kit swapping/experiments going on. Some interesting combinations producing great sounds.

I will be having another Bake Off via Wigwam at some point, but the idea of this one is to meet some new faces, hear different approaches.
So, I am going to have a simple rule.... If you have been to my house previously.... this Bake off ISNT for you.
Sorry, some of you are great mates, but this one is not for you. Another Wam one will happen, and then you will be very welcome, as usual.

I am posting this on both Art of Sound and Pink Fish.

If you have not been in the company of someone from a different forum to your normal one.....dont worry.

Ive met folks from both and they are fairly normal. (ish ) Some have two heads and fangs, wear cardigans and speak with funny accents. Just go with it, and smile a lot. It will be fine.

Anyone fancy a day of Hi Fi, Music and Craic ??

Sound good, maybe you can get Tony to bring over his Klipsch Las Scala's :)

My Devialet is pretty portable so happy to bring that along.

cheers

Chris

I live in Liverpool (Childwall) and this sounds like fun. Can you pencil me in?

I couldn't bring my speakers as they are Kingsound King full size electrostatics but the pre-amp (Avondale Grad 1 / TPX2) and amp (Sanders Magtech) are an option and also my Linn Klimax DS/1 (Renew) if we can sort out a network connection.

The best thing about my system at the moment is the room - I've finally installed the accoustic panels in my custom-designed 7 x 5 m listening room. Anyone is welcome to pop in for a listen if interested.

Mark

Sound good, maybe you can get Tony to bring over his Klipsch Las Scala's :)

My Devialet is pretty portable so happy to bring that along.

cheers

Chris

Chris, great. It will be nice to meet.

Ive read about the Devialet but not seen or heard it. So, yes please, bring it along.

Richard, thanks for your message.

You are in.....1st on the list !!!

Ive heard good things about your turntable but not heard one, so yes, please bring it along.

Thanks Brian. Top man for organising the bake-off.

Mark, you are very welcome to come along.

regarding the network question, that is an area that I dont have a clue about. But my 14 year old daughter will, I expect and will keep us right.

we can see about that nearer the time.

but the pre-amp (Avondale Grad 1 / TPX2) and amp (Sanders Magtech) are an option and also my Linn Klimax DS/1 (Renew) if we can sort out a network connection.

Mark

Nice one Brian. Out of interest is the Elephant (Wheatsheaf) your local Indian.......that is a nice place!!

Do you ever have a "for sale" room at these get togethers?

Good luck with this event, quite a few local enthuasts who I'm sure would like to go.

This sounds great!

I'd like to come if there's room?

Old school non network mainly 80's stuff....Urei studio monitors, JVC M-L10 and P-L10, Yam DVD s2700 playing hi res...

Kenny. you have good taste. Yes, its the "Elephant"

Nothing as formal as a "for sale room".
But in the past there has been so much kit that deals are done. Often as a result of hearing something nice. Deals are also concluded which have been arranged beforehand, usually to avoid transport risks/costs.

I have usually put out some boxes of LPs that I want to sell, and I will probably do that again.
I also usually put out boxes of free LPs , of stuff I just want rid of. Those boxes are popular !!

You are very welcome to come over, especially as you are so close.

FF1D1L....... loads of spaces still available. You are very welcome to come along.

MIKE ......... have a look at my first post. Im trying to avoid it filling up with mates who have already been to multiple Bake offs here !!
Lets see what happens.

Very kind of you Brian, thanks. I've been meaning to get across to yours for the last few months.......a trip to the Elephant has now sealed it :D

I think I'd bring some of Dave's DIY gear across and pitch it against some of the high end stuff I know will be there....could be fun.

I've a set of Briks here now too if you need speakers for a room.......passive so will take any amp.

Maybe get together again before then anyway.
Cheers
Kenny

I went to Brians last bake off, so am barred from this one. Bah.

Those of you that are eligible will have a great time. Brians house is made for hosting Bake Offs and mine host is extremely welcoming. An abiding memory of the last visit was Rammstein making some old school Tannoys work for their living... and the Pavlova... Nom Nom.

The curry was ace too (I'm lucky enough to have the Elephant's offspring, The Baby Elephant nearby, so can vouch for the quality) as was the bonhomie.

Enjoy!

I went to Brians last bake off, so am barred from this one. Bah.

Those of you that are eligible will have a great time. Brians house is made for hosting Bake Offs and mine host is extremely welcoming. An abiding memory of the last visit was Rammstein making some old school Tannoys work for their living... and the Pavlova... Nom Nom.

The curry was ace too (I'm lucky enough to have the Elephant's offspring, The Baby Elephant nearby, so can vouch for the quality) as was the bonhomie.

Enjoy!

Rob, thanks for your kind words. Another time for you......including a fork next time !!

Rammstein on the Tannoys :eek: I was lucky enough not to hear that, but I can guess which Yokshireman brought it.

Visited Brian's several times. It's a nice idea to have a bake off for new guests only. Have a great one.

Visited Brian's several times. It's a nice idea to have a bake off for new guests only. Have a great one.

Geoff thanks. You are always welcome here.

Actually I may want to visit you soon, to borrow that Feckert contraption again, if I may.
Hoping to get the FR arm set up before this Bakeoff. I'll be in touch.

advertisement

Back