advertisement

Good Live Album

Can't believe no-one has mentioned Bob Marley and the Wailers - Live! Great music and a fantastic sounding album! Another of my favourites is Simple Minds - Live in the city of light, 80's stadium rock-tastic!

Its too late to stop now - Van Morrison

Magnificent performances and a lovely, warm, clear recording.

I challenge anybody not sing along with the last side!

rod said:
Yup, that's a good one. I never got the Arc version, anyone care to comment?
Noise, feedback, shouting. I'm all for a bit of this, but not to the exclusion of everything musical. I have just about everything the man's done but this is one I don't come back to.

Hi Nick, I was aware that a goodly amount of feedback was involved, but not much else. I only have (had?) this album on that strange format - pre-recorded cassette - and was considering replacing it. I probably won't bother with Arc / Weld. Ta.

Jethro Tull - Bursting Out.
Bruce Springsteen - Live at Hammersmith Odeon

DVD
Phil Collins - Live in Paris (LPCM Stereo)
Eric Clapton - Unplugged (also CD) (LPCM Stereo)
Bryan Adams - Unplugged (also CD) (LPCM Stereo)
Bruce Springsteen - Unplugged. (LPCM Stereo)

The Beta Band, live cd with the best of album, Last gig of their farewell tour, sounds great, different takes on a couple of old classics. One of the best bands for sometime, shame they are no more.

Also like the The Who live at Leeds, remastered version though!

Just got The Who live at Leeds - Fantastic sounding live album considering it was recorded 36 years ago. Makes you wonder how some of the stuff currently recorded can sound so crap.

For me the following:-

Pink Floyd - The Wall Live
Supertramp - Paris (remastered)
Fleetwood Mac - Live
Navana - Unplugged
Neil Young - Unplugged
Led Zeppelin - Un Leaded
Eagles - Hell Freezes Over:cool:

Made in Japan, but be aware - the first cd's that came out are awfull.

Get the remaster or the old purple-records vinyl.
Mine I got as birthday present on my 13:th birthday (1979) and it still sounds wonderfull.

Marley live, Live at leeds, rock´n roll animal, get yer ya ya´s out, are classics to me. No quarter has a magnificent Kashmir. But may I add these two:

Joni Mitchell-mile of aisles

Bowie-Santa Monica

Bowie at the BEEB- Limited edition wich includes extra disc featuring Bowie at the BBC radio Theatre June 27, 2000. And it is that show that is not to be missed.

I picked up a record at a sale by 'Spooky Tooth' with stuff recorded for the BBC show 'Top Gear' around 1968 (that means it's live, isn't it?). The sound is like someone recorded it of a cheap transistor radio on to a tape recorder with a severely worn recording head, but the music and the playing is extremely good!

JohanR

Opening up this again.

The 'Live at Filmore West' from 1971 with Aretha Franklin has recently been 'remastered' with an extra CD. Excellent in every way, soul music can probably not be much better than this!

JohanR

advertisement

Back