advertisement

from ronald to donald

vuk

\o/ choose anarchy
trumpaug.png

so even our pfm wise-men seem to be wrong. trumpo is turning out to be smarter than you. he is definitely smarter than reagan, though perhaps not quite as tactful and most certainly weaker in the hair department.

vuk.

Hmmm, so the fact that Republicans are increasing their support for Trump makes him 'smarter' in some way ?

I however would agree with the comment 'Trumpo is more than capable of fooling a load of gullible voters in to thinking he has viable policies'.

CHE

How can anyone be taken in by this clown, he is so delusional he thinks he has hair.

He is the perfect embodiment of modern right-wing politics. I can't imagine a better Republican candidate: self-made, hugely wealthy, arrogant, selfish and an apparently bottomless pit of reactionary two-dimensional soundbites. Make no mistake, it will happen here in the UK too. It is the logical conclusion of western cartoon two-party corporate dictatorships. Welcome to the X-Factor/Apprentice of capitalist politics! Vote Katie Hopkins for next Conservative Leader!

Keep in mind it's a long time before anyone gets to vote for one of these clowns. A lot can change. This time four years ago the GOP front runners were Herman Cain and Michelle Bachmann.

so even our pfm wise-men seem to be wrong. trumpo is turning out to be smarter than you. he is definitely smarter than reagan, though perhaps not quite as tactful and most certainly weaker in the hair department.
He's got you doing PR for him, so I guess he's smarter than you as well.

There are quite a lot of similarities between Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump. I predict Tony will find them hard to see...

There are quite a lot of differences between Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump. I predict Paul will find them hard to see...

See, whilst I'll probably never equal your arrogance I can match your ad hominem!

This is taken from 24 hours with Trump in the Guardian.

Trump declares the Iran nuclear deal “will lead to a nuclear holocaust”, but would seek to implement it nonetheless, and says he would send troops back into Iraq to secure oil fields seized by Islamic state fighters.

“You go and knock the hell out of the oil, take back the oil,” he says. “We’re going to have so much money.” The Iraqi people will get “something”, he adds, but “we should definitely take back money for our soldiers”.

Todd asks Trump from whom he gets his military advice. “Well, I watch the [TV] shows,” Trump says. “When you watch your show and all of the other shows and you have the general and you have certain people that you like.”

I have no doubt that Trump is a smart businessman. You don't accumulate his kind of wealth without making smart business decisions. He is also a brilliant, if shameless, self-promoter, and a master of using the media to his advantage.

But his experience, rather obviously, does not translate into being a serious presidential candidate. His constant stream of banal, sophomoric comments, not to mention his nonsensical platform positions, will catch up with him well before November 2016. For right now, he is able to effectively hide among the large field of Republican candidates. During the first debate, this allowed him to stay on message, offering only sound bites. But as the field narrows, he will have to show that he has full command of some very complex topics. As of right now, he is clearly ignorent on issues of foreign relations, and will continue to stumble badly if directly challenged by moderators or other candidates.

The 24% support that Trump has is among politically-engaged Republicans. These are older, whiter voters who are very angry after 8 years of being a relatively ineffective opposition party. They represent much less than 10% of likely voters. But even if somehow Trump does become the Republican nominee, every study I've seen shows there is no path to him winning a general election with less than 40% of the Hispanic vote. Given his immigration policies, that support is under 10% and dropping. Also, a Trump nomination would strongly energize the so-called "Obama coalition" (young people, single women, African Americans and Hispanics) to turn out in large numbers (and regardless of who the Democratic nominee is).

There is also the distinct possibility that if Trump badly loses a debate, and feels embarrased, he will choose to blame the media and the RNC, and launch a third-party bid. Needless to say, this would be an excellent turn of events for Democrats.

There are quite a lot of differences between Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump. I predict Paul will find them hard to see...

See, whilst I'll probably never equal your arrogance I can match your ad hominem!
It's not ad hominem...

It's a reaction to your post.

Paul

advertisement

Back