advertisement

Chord Sarum mains cables.

If you have your system as you want it, your room as you want it and you are bored - have a play with cables and see what you think. In all other circumstances I would say there are far bigger fish to fry - like buying the best sounding copies of your favourite tunes or treating your room.

Thank you for making us aware.

I am in the process of reverting to kettle leads and disposing of the ones I was dumb/open minded enough to try out. Just couldn't fool myself, unlike interconnects which can make a huge difference (ehem).

But I do live in a conurbation not rural.

Enjoy your fun

If you have your system as you want it, your room as you want it and you are HAPPY - have a play with cables and see what you think. In all other circumstances I would say there are far bigger fish to fry - like buying the best sounding copies of your favourite tunes or treating your room.

Exactly , just corrected your post though :D

I am in the process of reverting to kettle leads

This - and I don't miss the silly coloured plastic wrap and shields connected to nothing. Worth checking those distribution blocks for odd resistors and other bits of crap you're better off without, too. If found, I'm sure you know where the bin is.

While you're at it, why not dispense with the ridiculous dedicated consumer unit rewire job and plug the kit into the standard house wiring it was designed to work with - if you have to get an electrician in the do the work just bite the bullet and pay up. It will be a small price to pay to join the ranks of the sensible folk who enjoy music...

Under no circumstances buy kit if a manufacturer or dealer suggests that after spending six figures you need to rewire your house to make it work well. The overwhelming majority of homes have a very good electricity supply.

This - and I don't miss the silly coloured plastic wrap and shields connected to nothing. Worth checking those distribution blocks for odd resistors and other bits of crap you're better off without, too. If found, I'm sure you know where the bin is.

While you're at it, why not dispense with the ridiculous dedicated consumer unit rewire job and plug the kit into the standard house wiring it was designed to work with - if you have to get an electrician in the do the work just bite the bullet and pay up. It will be a small price to pay to join the ranks of the sensible folk who enjoy music...

Under no circumstances buy kit if a manufacturer or dealer suggests that after spending six figures you need to rewire your house to make it work well. The overwhelming majority of homes have a very good electricity supply.

You sound unhappy?

I'm not sure that I follow you. Would you elucidate?

Have you not noticed how one or two members make a big thing of listeniing with your ears and aschewing any theory or scientific bunkum. They press their point with tedious frequency and volume of posts.

They are of the Subjectivist tribe.

Where have you been?

Me I just listen

Have you not noticed how one or two members make a big thing of listeniing with your ears and aschewing any theory or scientific bunkum. They press their point with tedious frequency and volume of posts.

They are of the Subjectivist tribe.

Where have you been?

Me I just listen

I see. Well, I'm in the happy position of universal ignorance so don't have strong opinions either way. When it comes to hifi kit one thing remains constant: I hate spending money on it so I start from a position of strong scepticism/utter disbelief and only when the evidence of is too great to ignore, do I part with my tightly-held cash.

While you're at it, why not dispense with the ridiculous dedicated consumer unit rewire job and plug the kit into the standard house wiring it was designed to work with -

Heretic ! :D

Actually, I'd imagine that kit was simply designed to work with electricity rather than the way it is delivered.

I see. Well, I'm in the happy position of universal ignorance so don't have strong opinions either way. When it comes to hifi kit one thing remains constant: I hate spending money on it so I start from a position of strong scepticism/utter disbelief and only when the evidence of is too great to ignore, do I part with my tightly-held cash.

The cash isn't the issue for me more the gullibility factor, does this soap power wash whiter then white?

I am being unkind we have some very sensitive members, pitch perfect and in pain if a note is fractionally out, highly trained ears.

The cash isn't the issue for me more the gullibility factor, does this soap power wash whiter then white?

I am being unkind we have some very sensitive members, pitch perfect and in pain if a note is fractionally out, highly trained ears.

Yeah, I'm lucky that way,too. I can no longer hear above 16k Hz (so goodbye violin harmonics) and no doubt each year that goes by the kit I'm using will get less and less important.

Many years ago in my youth I used to like smoking Moroccan hash while I listened to music because it made it so much better - somehow richer and more real. I often feel that it would make more sense to have cheap hifi's and save the cash for sophisticated psychoactives. We hear with our ears but listen with our minds so why waste time on the hardware.

advertisement

Back