advertisement

IOM TT 2015

Martin D

Libertarian Division

Anyone following, a truly awesome spectacle of real sport IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, a full week of awesomeness. Due to uncompromising career and family commitments, I only managed once to get to the TT, in !965, and still have vivid memories of the spectacle and thrill today.

That is insane but absolutely brilliant. Well done.

If you can't make it you can get a full lap of the island here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gmbQ8KxM4

Some of the commentary of the road is very insightfull especially when you then consider how fast the new lap record is. Error is not a word or even a thought when you are going so fast.

Why do they need to tip the camera over so much on the corners? :D

Not as impressive, but maybe as skilful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been over to the IoM and watched it for many years. It was one of the annual pilgrimages for myself and a few biker friends up until just a few years ago. It should never be banned as those taking part (including the spectators) all know the risks. It is one of the few totally unadulterated courageous sports left and those taking part have massive cahonies and equally impressive skill. If people don't like it, don't watch it and don't go, but let those who find it an extraordinary experience, one of the most exciting spectator sports you'll ever witness, well alone. Having ridden the circuit many times, I can only imagine the sheer joy and terror combined that the TT competitors must experience!

Been over to the IoM and watched it for many years. It was one of the annual pilgrimages for myself and a few biker friends up until just a few years ago. It should never be banned as those taking part (including the spectators) all know the risks. It is one of the few totally unadulterated courageous sports left and those taking part have massive cahonies and equally impressive skill. If people don't like it, don't watch it and don't go, but let those who find it an extraordinary experience, one of the most exciting spectator sports you'll ever witness, well alone. Having ridden the circuit many times, I can only imagine the sheer joy and terror combined that the TT competitors must experience!

Well said!

One of lifes bucket experiences still to be ticked off for me.
The technology now that allows this filming brings it home how amazing this sport is.

Went to the World Superbikes at Donington the other Sunday and was blown away by the performance and grunt of those machines. Can't imagine what it must be like seeing them flying past dry stone walls, houses and lamp posts.........must be some spectacle.

advertisement

Back