advertisement

A Trip Through The Canyons Of Viv Stanshall's Mind.

Thanks
I notice someone is touring Sir Henry at Rawlinson End.
Michael Livesley. Touring might be an exaggeration. Upon invitation he will perform a superb show in which he, and an accompanying supporting cast and band, recreate much of Rawlinson end, bits of Ndidi's Kraal and other Bonzo ephemera. It was performed at the Bloomsbury Theatre last Saturday to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Viv's passing - The main attraction was wonderful and Kevin Eldon performed a cracking version of Rhinocratic Oaths. I highly recommend it, should it come to your town.

Michael Livesley. Touring might be an exaggeration. Upon invitation he will perform a superb show in which he, and an accompanying supporting cast and band, recreate much of Rawlinson end, bits of Ndidi's Kraal and other Bonzo ephemera. It was performed at the Bloomsbury Theatre last Saturday to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Viv's passing - The main attraction was wonderful and Kevin Eldon performed a cracking version of Rhinocratic Oaths. I highly recommend it, should it come to your town.

He's doing Buxton.
That's where I saw the promo.

Sir Henry was one of the first things I ever heard Peel play that appealed to me. Along with Ivor Cutler. I must have been an odd 12 year old.

From the link:

"We need to raise £2,674 to pay for the marble plaque (£2,000), the hand carved inscription (£250 = £3.50 per letter), with a 50 year placement, and fees for the crowd funding (10% of money raised). The more we write on the plaque, the more it costs. For instance, his name = 15 letters. Date of birth = 11 letters. Date of death = 11 letters. Example description: Imagination is all I've ever called Home = 34 letters. This comes to 71 letters at £3.50 per letter = £248.50. If we want to say more, the more it costs. So we need wiggle room.

50 year plaque = £2,000 + Inscription = £250 + 10% for crowdfunding = £225. Wiggle room = £200 for more verbals. Total amount is £2,674."

I believe Viv was a Valium fan.

We have much in common.

Mull
Saw the Bonzo's in late sixties at local dive, After the show Viv purchased a jar of wallies from nearby chippy and handed them out to all those milling around, I got two, greedy as I am.

Bloss

advertisement

Back