advertisement

Roger Waters Amused To Death Release Date At Last.

Of all the issues I would like a picture disc if its the same quailty as the black stuff .

Out of interest, does anyone know if any digital gear was used in the original multitrack?

I know that the whole album took years to put together and was assembled in various locations over that time but it was around the time of the first Alesis/Tascam digital multitracks.

FWIW, when I had the Tact digital room correction system a dozen years ago or something, the sheer solidity of the Q sound placement was remarkable - both on this and on Pulse. I've never got that since - the room interferes too much.

Sony Europe have moved the goalposts hugely and drastically increased the price for both vinyl and cd/bluray releases. Bit of blatant profiteering I think..

Sony Europe have moved the goalposts hugely and drastically increased the price for both vinyl and cd/bluray releases. Bit of blatant profiteering I think..

As of right now, Amazon's prices for both are same as when the release was announced - £17.99 for CD/BD, 37.99 for vinyl. If you're right, it may be worthwhile taking advantage of Amazon's price guarantee, and ordering now.
Gary

I pre-ordered the Analog Productions vinyl months ago when it was £40 on amazon.
It went up to £65.
I have just noticed on amazon its come down to £44.09.

For a vinyl philistine Barry, other than the cost, what will be the difference between the standard 200g double vinyl and the limited edition analogue productions (US Import) double vinyl?

For a vinyl philistine Barry, other than the cost, what will be the difference between the standard 200g double vinyl and the limited edition analogue productions (US Import) double vinyl?
The AP version is a Ltd 200g edition.
Most AP vinyl releases sounds brilliant.

I wouldn't trust the Columbia Legacy releases, normal and picture LPs to be more than 180g.
I have both the AP and the Legacy on pre-order so will compare in July.
I will keep one and give the other as a birthday or christmas present to my first born.

Thanks Barry... I wasn't going to order this on vinyl, just the imported SACD, but I think I'll grab the analogue production import just for good measure :)

The AP has now dropped in price yet again to 37 squid on amazon.
The same price as the others.
Some games going on here???????????????????????

I am aware of the inferior quality of the picture discs Barry... it was just a general pointer to the saving... even collectors like to save their pennies :)

I am aware of the inferior quality of the picture discs Barry... it was just a general pointer to the saving... even collectors like to save their pennies :)
Got where you were coming from man.
Thing is unless you live in France you get hit with large postal charges and it doesn't work out that cheap.

I have the CD version which is excellent. Vinyl prices are a complete Mickey take so I wont be ordering the black stuff version any time soon.

advertisement

Back