advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plucked up the courage to have a play with the Olympus T32 flash unit - I'm pretty clueless when it comes to flash-lit photography, fortunately the OM2/T32 does everything for you. :)

Scan-150214-0010

OM-2n/50-f1.4/Kodak Ektar 100 mono'd in LR5

My favourite picture of the week has to be a film that is on Sky at the moment, called Ain't Them Bodies Saints, which is not only an exquisite film, but every shot is stunning photography. Catch it if you can.

Great photo, Gromit. So much personal information; family, home, scale of relationship, love, - it's so intimate, it feels like an intrusion. Great photograph that will become stronger as the years pass. A real treasure and in my view, the glimpse of background story and the bravery of something so personal is what makes this art.
It's also a comment on what it is to have children vs. what it is to not, so it's social comment too. It's all in that photo and the more you consider it, the more powerful it becomes.

I have only just stumbled upon the photographic section of this forum. More than impressed, it outshines many dedicated photo forums! This thread alone seems to be flying, and some amazing work.

I love B&W for its ability to convey atmosphere, and I am drawn to empty places.​

24791_606876109527df201dc644.jpg

The long abandoned control tower, RAF Upottery, Devon.​

I was wondering if you bounced, used a diffuser or what for this shot as it looks so unflash like?

Hi - it was just bounced off a white ceiling. Everything set to auto so all I had to do was compose and focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back