advertisement

Nigel and Claridge's.....they don't like bitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but on this occasion, he's right. It's bizarre and impolite behaviour to breastfeed in a restaurant.

Dude. Your not getting it. Breastfeeding in public is OK because Farridge is against it. Imagine if Salmond was complaining about breastfeeding and Clarkson was outside with the protesting mothers wearing comedy breasts.

It's about the personalities, not the issues.

(I bet THATCHER! would have been against breast feeding in public)

In Malaysia women often breastfeed in public, but their clothing keeps everything hidden

I haven't seen any evidence that this woman was indiscreet. She says the waiter didn't realise she was breastfeeding until he was standing at her table talking to her, and that everything was covered up from the perspective of other diners. To read some of the posts on here you'd think she was wandering from table to table spraying everyone with milk.

I can't understand anyone being squeamish about something so beautiful and natural.

I can't understand anyone being squeamish about something so beautiful and natural.

I don't think anyone on here is, especially if it's your own wife and child.

However "self important mum" wants everyone to share her beautiful moment too..........in a restaurant FFS.

Thankfully it's an argument about nothing anyway. I frequent many restaurants both with the family and on business and I've never, ever seen this happen at a table, nor do I know anyone who'd do it (I think).

One of the above posters remarks about Farage making the comment and the response it's got on here does ring true though.

Being short sighted I don't have much of a view as to what happens at the next table but being blessed with good hearing the screaming of children in the room does tend to spoil a meal.

Would she have done it in McDonallds?

Of course exactly the same thing has happened in McDonald's, except they were rather more reasonable about it.

Alison Purves, spokesman for McDonald's, said the company was 'disappointed' by the junior manager's actions. Breastfeeding mothers were welcomed in all its restaurants.
'This manager was working unilaterally and not following company policy at all. If another customer ever expressed their discomfort about breastfeeding we would encourage them to move rather than the mum.
'What we don't want to do is to make mums feel as if they have to hide away.'
She said the manager involved had been told he had made a mistake.
'We are confident he will make the right decision in future.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...up-mothers-staged-sit-breast-feeding-ban.html

In Malaysia women often breastfeed in public, but their clothing keeps everything hidden
They do in many other countries, too. It's no big deal anywhere else, but what you're seeing here and in the UK are residual puritan values left over from an earlier century.

To be fare, he is worthy of ridicule. He makes Marine Le Pen seem like Aristotle by comparison.

This rumpus is nothing actually to do with breastfeeding vs. good manners - it's just an opportunity to take a pop at Farage which people don't seem to realise is having the reverse effect, and setting him up as the standard-bearer for common sense and good manners. You will probably find that a great number of people will now see something in common with Farage where they didn't before and it'll probably do him good in the long run.

You wouldn't get a builder in work clothes in Claridges, or somebody in pyjamas or in shorts and vest, so why can women breastfeed? On the next table it would be a bit off-putting say the least. Should everyone be outside Claridges protesting for their human rights to wear what they like too? Claridges is a hotel primarily and a quiet word to go somewhere discreet to breastfeed would have been no problem at all. The problem is that the 'I know my rights' fascists like to ram it down everyones throats at every opportunity.

This is just so daft, and the faux outrage is even dumber because it makes the protesters look like the 'Noddy & Big-Ears were gay' nutters of old.

The more protesting - the more UKIP will gain over this. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Top post; 100 percent correct analysis.

Tee hee.

No, the people preventing fascism are those standing up for their rights.

You seem confused about what fascism actually is (hint: it's not a general-purpose 'bad' word which can reasonably be used against anything of which you personally disapprove).

Same thing here. Breastfeeding must be OK anywhere because Farridge is (sort of) against it.

Actually he isn't, and he said that quite clearly.

** I'm not suggesting Farridge is quite good - he's an arse. Just to make that clear[/SIZE]

Nice! Ironic faux-herdthought-kneejerk. They'll never suspect...

"Dear sir. I was walking along Horsey Beach in Norfolk today when, to my horror, I came across hundreds of Seal mothers breastfeeding their pups right out in the open. I realise that breastfeeding is normal for mammals, but surely they could have thought about how uncomfortable this would make anyone strolling on the beach feel? Perhaps they could instead breastfeed in a corner of the sea, or cover themselves up with a towel? There were also dozens of children present who will now be traumatised forever - it's mamallism gone mad.. Yours, disgustedly, Hugh Kipp."

:D

Stephen

"Dear sir. I was walking along Horsey Beach in Norfolk today when, to my horror, I came across hundreds of Seal mothers breastfeeding their pups right out in the open. I realise that breastfeeding is normal for mammals, but surely they could have thought about how uncomfortable this would make anyone strolling on the beach feel? Perhaps they could instead breastfeed in a corner of the sea, or cover themselves up with a towel? There were also dozens of children present who will now be traumatised forever - it's mamallism gone mad.. Yours, disgustedly, Hugh Kipp."

:D

Stephen

Seal mothers with their pups out in the open? we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy. :)

The problem is that the 'I know my rights' fascists like to ram it down everyones throats at every opportunity.

leslie-phillips.jpg

Have you never heard of attempted breastfeeding ?, apparently the penalty can be as harsh as if it was actual breastfeeding :)

Conspiracy to breastfeed is best - you can bang-up a whole family for 20 years and if in doubt call it joint enterprise too.

I think witnessing a baby being breast fed should give one a rather warm feeling, wherever it is taking place. Am I being 'normal' or strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back