advertisement

Web host recommendations please

lsinclair

pfm Member
Please can anyone recommend a good provider? The website hosting aspect is in fact secondary, but I do want reliable email forwarding to and from my domain without numerous host-derived delivery failure messages (1and1, I'm looking at you!) I'd prefer Europe-based.

i've used tollon off and on for many years and they've always been superb. worth a look perhaps...

I've been using TSOHost (cPanel hosting) for some years now. Can't fault them.

Easily.co.uk. I have a website address which I don't use (I just didn't want anyone else to get it and put inappropriate things up in my company's name) so I pretty much use them for e-mail forwarding. They are based in London (or SE somewhere). I have had one unplanned interruption of a couple of days, and a couple of (planned) overnight service suspension, the latter to do with them putting in new servers, in over a decade. When I need to phone them the delay is usually minimal (less than 5 minutes) and someone speaks to me in a London accent. If I wasn't already in with them I'd go with Netscan, a small London/Yorkshire based company which my close friend and IT confidant Pete Duggal co-directs. Google them and/or PM me if you want Pete's contact details, it is a smaller co so you will get a personal service, which Easily are too big to offer.

How techy are you? With home broadband upload/download speeds you can easily setup your own solution.

I did this for my VMware lab at home, just registered a domain like vmwarelab.co.uk and then created some A records for remote access remote.vmwarelab.co.uk and MX record for email and then setup a server in the VMware lab which includes web hosting and email server.

Thanks for all the replies. Tsohost seem to offer pretty much what I have now at a similar price, so I think I'll give them a try.

They are good.

Make sure you choose the cPanel hosting if email is important to you.
https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting/cpanel-hosting
The spf records are easy to set from the TSohost cPanel control panel.

1&1 dont appear to support spf records which is why I gave up with them and probably why you are having email problems.

Dont choose TSOhost cloud hosting if email is important as that has a built in security/spam email delay so they can can stop any hacked accounts sending out thousands of spams. A good idea but annoying waiting 30 seconds or sometimes much longer for emails to arrive.
The TSOhost cPanel email is instant :)

advertisement

Back