advertisement

Revel Ultima Salon 2's

They are a very good, accurate and neutral loudspeaker that gives good weight and scale. They need good solid power and a bit of space to breathe but given those, they are capable of matching most. The Be tweeter is remarkable and one of the best HF units I've heard - puts to shame a lot of those used by so called high end monitors.

It's impossible to be more specific as speakers like this are very room dependent. The Salons are very extended in the bottom end - you need a big room to get them to work without being overly generous in the bass. Think 18-19' minimum as the shorter wall in the listening room. They do not work in my room for instance.

There's a huge amount of good science behind Harman loudspeakers. I prefer some of their other brands but that's purely down to personal taste. The Revels are about as good as modern speaker design gets IMHO.

I've not heard them but a v experienced friend (of this parish who may see this thread and reply) says they're one of the best speakers he's heard. I've got the M22 Revels and they are very impressive stand mounts.

Thanks guys. I've been recommended by my dealer, but an audition would mean flights etc. but it sounds like they're definitely worth a serious look..

Well they arrived last week and are now a long way down the road to being run in.

WOW!

What a fabulous pair of loudspeakers, they make my old 800 Diamonds sound like over engineered disco speakers.

Certainly the best speakers I have heard. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!! :)

advertisement

Back