advertisement

Young DAC Yosemite Pure Music Problem

Uzinusa

Happy Chappy
As M2Tech released their Yosemite Driver I upgraded a MacMini to Yosemite and PureMusic 2.0.2 with the new drivers installed. However, no sound. DAC is recognised by Mac and changes bit rate when tracks played.

Music won't even play directly from iTunes through DAC.

Helpful suggestions anyone??
Andy

Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new one?

I didn't know there was a new Yosemite driver and i'm still using the mavericks one so I'm going to try and install it myself now.

Are you using the legacy Young DAC or the new Young DSD DAC?

Have just tried it and it is working with JRMC ok.

1. deleted hiface.kext
2. ran driver uninstall script
3. rebooted
4. installed Yosemite driver
5. rebooted

All working ok

Have you checked the OS X sound and midi settings to see if it is muted or using a strange output.

Audio Midi set to:
use mac for sound output.
44kHz
2ch 24bit integer

downgraded to PureMusic 2.0.1 buit to no avail.
on pressing play track name plates up in PureMusic, sometimes says loading track to memory, DAC switches to appropriate bit rate then nothing.

Not to worry. I'll get there. Thanks for trying.

Are you using USB as I've found with the Young that when a device is using the USB I can't hear any audio on the other inputs. I've got the Mac connected via USB, Sonos via coax and the TV by optical. If I have JRMC open on the Mac I can't hear anything when using coax or optical as it looks like the USB is locking the DAC

Solved. The M2Tech uninstaller scripts weren't doing the job. Manually running the commands in terminal however did and then the mac accepted the new M2Tech driver.

please to confirm that M2Tech Young Dac and Pure Music 2.0.2 run without issues in Yosemite.
Thanks to all for their input.
Andy

advertisement

Back