advertisement

CSI type spray to reveal Salmonella contamination.

cooky1257

pfm Member
Any food hygiene boffins here know if this is possible/available?

CDC/FDA/Canadian Health/Canadian Vetinary/Edinburgh Uni Vet science all warn against the dangers of raw fed dogs wandering the house/coming into contact with people, furnishings etc(bacterial shedding).

The raw food idea has struck me as a toxic time bomb given how we are advised to wash and disinfect thoroughly when handling raw meats etc for human consumption-no one washes the dogs jowels, slobber, paws etc after they eat raw meats so they must be spreading hazards all over the home.

Not that I know of. You can spray for DNA and visualise with UV but that won't help. There are generic tools to improve hygiene such as Nottingham University's Glo-Yo for hand washing in children. If I were to be concerned about bacterial contamination and pets, my main concern would not be dribble from a meat-fed-dog, but it's filthy arse and genitals touching all over your floor, carpets etc

Not that I know of. You can spray for DNA and visualise with UV but that won't help. There are generic tools to improve hygiene such as Nottingham University's Glo-Yo for hand washing in children. If I were to be concerned about bacterial contamination and pets, my main concern would not be dribble from a meat-fed-dog, but it's filthy arse and genitals touching all over your floor, carpets etc

To which an obvious solution already exists.

Mull

advertisement

Back