advertisement

Melody Gardot-My One And Only Thrill (Vinyl)

Rapid 17

pfm Member
Regarding the thread title, I've recently bought this album and like it very much. Could you guys please recommend vinyl records in a similar style by various artistes which also have excellent sound quality ?

Thanks.

Girl in the Other Room - Diana Krall

Best thing she ever did and sounds wonderful, I only have it on CD but well worth having.

I've been looking for the vinyl for an age.

Eva Cassidy - Live at the blues alley.

A best of has also been released (on spotify too).

Incredible talent. I dare say the live album sounds better but haven't had a proper listen to the best of yet.

Edit:

oops, my bad; vinyl request. apologies.

Girl in the Other Room - Diana Krall

Best thing she ever did and sounds wonderful, I only have it on CD but well worth having.

I've been looking for the vinyl for an age.

Thanks, I've also got that one on CD and agree it sounds wonderful. :)

Check out Patricia Barber albums; Mythologies and Modern Cool.

Go to see Melody Gardot live if you get the chance....she is superb!

Some terrific albums mentioned in this thread guys.
Regarding Diana Krall Live in Paris takes some beating. Her version of the Joni Mitchell track A Case of You is sublime......

Christy Baron on the Chesky label is highly recommended, check out You Tube.
Again only released on CD but high quality sound

Hmm I suggest you stay away from all these suggestions and try listening to some Sarah Vaughan, Ella, Billie Holiday, Anita O'Day, Helen Merrill, Chris Connor, Sheila Jordan and perhaps even some Cassandra Wilson or Julie London...:p

Hmm I suggest you stay away from all these suggestions and try listening to some Sarah Vaughan, Ella, Billie Holiday, Anita O'Day, Helen Merrill, Chris Connor, Sheila Jordan and perhaps even some Cassandra Wilson or Julie London...:p

Thanks, I'll look for them on You Tube. :)

Dreamsville vinyl by Stacy Kent arrived this morning. This afternoon I played side one and it was excellent, I then turned it over to play side two and the first track was faulty, it reached a certain point and stuck in that position so I'll have to return it to Amazon.

Dreamsville vinyl by Stacy Kent arrived this morning. This afternoon I played side one and it was excellent, I then turned it over to play side two and the first track was faulty, it reached a certain point and stuck in that position so I'll have to return it to Amazon.
Mine came yesterday, only played side one hope mine is not the same.

advertisement

Back