advertisement

HackerNap Front End R-Core group buy interest check

Hi Tim,

Sorry mate, rung you from land line but got the return messages!
PM sent,
Park close, heavy boxes! message understood!!

Tipple request also sent ;)

Justin

EDIT:
Ahhh...,
I need to know how big of a wedge to bring too!! ;)

R-Cores received this morning. Many thanks. Not sure how to wire them in yet , can anyone point me in the right direction.

I assume for 240V operation that you join a brown and grey together. Then apply 240V to the single brown and grey that are left.

yes and then do a similar process with the output wires and measure the voltage to make sure you're getting 44 0 44
Tim

Tim! You are the greatest!

Thank you very much for all you have done to get those things, they arrived today!

They fit perfectly my mono blocks and you guys already answered my question about wiring ;)

....so now just have to put the things together..

Many thanks again

Tomasz

I assume for 240V operation that you join a brown and grey together. Then apply 240V to the single brown and grey that are left.

Does it make the difference which pair of brown grey i put together...i put them together, applied 230v and...blow the fuse. I assume I have put wrong pair of cables together... in the other hand, if it matters (what i always thought) why do they put 2 cables of the same colour in trafo?

I dot think its the 500va size that blow my fuse...at the output there is no load and no cables are connected.

I haven't connected up one of the big ones yet. I've tried one of the 50va lots of different ways til I got it right. I'll try wiring up one of those monsters later.
My simple brain can't work out the theoretical background. Maybe a resident expert can advise.
Tim

The pairs of wires, grey and brown, have one each to the left coil and one each to the right coil.

I think that we will need to connect one from the left to one from the right, to setup for 240v.

For 110v, each wire from the left and each from the right will need connecting, to have the coils in parallel.

I'll check this out tomorrow.

Looking on the input side join the left hand grey wire to the right hand brown wire, cap off, cover up, insulate, make safe somehow. Then connect the remaining brown and grey wires to your 240v live and neutral

For the small traffos
Looking on the output side join left grey to right orange this is your 0v. So left orange=44v, joint orange and grey is 0v and right grey =44v

For the large traffos do the same but colours are blue and orange so join left blue to right orange for 0v

Make sure you test the outputs before connecting up ;-)

Yes it that simple.
Each winding is 115v so connect them in series.
The colors denote winding start and end. So long as you connect the end of the first winding to the start of the second winding thats it.
Or the start of the first winding to the end of the second :D
If the starts and ends were not designated you would use a battery and compass to work out which was which.

Just to get started I have blown the capacitor in one hacker nap :/

Has anyone panasonic 470uf 100v

Tomasz

Was it a party popper:D

Check the output transistor 0r.22 resistor and the diode before you fire it up again

Alan

Did it make you jump :D

I got bloody scared...didnt know which direction should I run away... ;) and this smoke all over the place!
I was like running away, coming back, then running away again, then again coming back to turn it of, then run away and then came back to open the window and let the smoke out ;)

The good news is I have my second monoblock working and playing music, whoooa :)

:cool:

I think I blown just the capacitor, but that is what happens if you change plus and minus! It was the biggest and the most obvious capacitor to soldier and I still fuc... the thing up!

Anyway, I have found one on ebay, so will enjoy mono music till the end of the week ;)

advertisement

Back